Check your service statusCable National
Ask a question
Fresh as a Daisy
Hermski

Re: Price Increases Feb 2014

OK, been ripped off again. 

I signed up for another 12 months with Virgin (phone and BB) and made use of the 12 month line rental service.

They agreed a loyalty price with me for the next 12 months.  I asked the question if this will remain the same for the year without any increases.  I was told "yes, you will not pay anymore other than call charges for my phone"

Month 1 - all fine.

Month 2 - Yes just 2nd month in, the price increased by 22% without even being told.

I called to say I was not happy and I did not agree to this.  I was told tough I had to pay and if I wanted to cancel I would have to pay a fee for the rest of the year.   I wished to make a complaint, I was told, "no, you are in contract!"

Ripped, off and miss-informed and conned. 

I will shout from the roof tops, and will publish reviews with my story.   I am now informing Offcom

Please use plain text.
Superuser
apcyberax

I have the same issue. Been sent a letter about a price increase but again no breakdown of how this is calculated.

you posted on 02 Decemeber waying you had been sent a letter.

You have 30 days from that letter to cancel. its int he T&C its not more then a month so your still in your contract.

Why is that a con.

If we and/or Virgin Media Payments: 
     a) increase our charges under this agreement
     b) make significant changes to the services so the services you are entitled to receive in return for the charges you pay are significantly altered or reduced; or
     c) make significant changes to the terms and conditions of this agreement (including the other legal stuff), 

you may cancel those services affected without penalty by giving us and/or Virgin Media Payments (as applicable) at least 30 days' notice. Such notice must be given within 30 days of the increase in charges or changes to the services or this agreement being notified to you. If you were not notified of these changes in advance, you must give notice of cancellation of the services affected to us and/or Virgin Media Payments (as applicable) within 30 days of receipt of your first bill following such increase in charges. If you do not give notice of cancellation within the specified period, you will be deemed to have accepted the increase in charges and/or the changes to the services and this agreement

Please use plain text.
One to Watch
bbluvva

Hermski,

I wouldn't let it end there. I've had multiple experiences with VM's customer service people making promised but when your bill comes, it's another story.

What you should do is request copies of the calls you had with VM and contact Citizen's Advice Bureau hotline on 0845 404 0506 and they should be able to advise you accordingly.

I had to call VM recently and enquire about the increase after hearing a colleague at work talking about it as I didn't receive a letter. They confirmed my bill was going to increase so I told them straight that since I did not receive the notice, which they said should have gone out in November, I'd like to cancel.

They tried to retain me by offering me another package but I turned it down. Their increase was a blessing in disguise because I've been given a better offer by another provider. Since then, they've called me back thrice to offer me another package and provided misinformation about the other provider in the process.

Please use plain text.
Crafty
i_bryn

HI guys guess what just had a VAT receipt statement from virgin and the listings(breakdown)explains a little why my maths and online help(virgin)didnt add up to be the same

HERE GOES

its not price rise its VAT at 20% added to all 

broadband L(30Mb) was £25 now plus VAT its £30.0

TV size M+            was £8   now plus VAT its £9.50

Tivo Fee                 was £5   now plus VAT its £6.00

Joined in may 2013 with just BB 30Mb L at £17.50 for 3 months(£5 off)

September  it went to  full price of £22.50

Then i got email saying price rise of £2.50 was being added

October bill was £25

november was    £25

then i added TIVO and TVM+

Which at the time was advertised has £5 for TIVO and £8 for TVM+

which made it £13+£25 BB =£38

so in december i was expecting a bill to be £38 ish per month

NOPE it was £40.99p

i was out by a few pounds,which wouldnt bother me too much if only i could figure out how i got £38 and they got £40.99 .

THEN told £3.50 was being added in new year(feb)

AND NOW BILL IS £44.49

Well loads of polite emails to them to no avail

untill today i got MY VAT RECEIPT in the post now i see why i couldnt get same figure has virgin(WHY didnt they tell me plus VAT at 20%) added to bill.

CAN I GET VAT BACK FROM VIRGIN FOR CHARGING ME VAT HAS A EXTRA NOT HAS INCLUDED LIKE IT SAYS 

Please use plain text.
Omniscient
gary_dexter

Why so you have a Vat receipt for resedential services?

Anyways billing can't be discussed here due to DP so you'll need to phone and speak to the billing team
If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
Please use plain text.
Crafty
i_bryn

just wondering if anybody else has had a "Vat receipt for resedential services" statement sent to them?
Please use plain text.
Omniscient
gary_dexter

They don't provide vat receipt for resedential services
If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
Please use plain text.
Superuser
BenMcr

[ Edited ]

gary_dexter wrote:
They don't provide vat receipt for resedential services

Not by default, but you can request to be sent them.

I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own
Please use plain text.
Superuser
BenMcr

i_bryn wrote:

HI guys guess what just had a VAT receipt statement from virgin and the listings(breakdown)explains a little why my maths and online help(virgin)didnt add up to be the same

HERE GOES

its not price rise its VAT at 20% added to all 

broadband L(30Mb) was £25 now plus VAT its £30.0

TV size M+            was £8   now plus VAT its £9.50

Tivo Fee                 was £5   now plus VAT its £6.00

Joined in may 2013 with just BB 30Mb L at £17.50 for 3 months(£5 off)

September  it went to  full price of £22.50

Then i got email saying price rise of £2.50 was being added

October bill was £25

november was    £25

then i added TIVO and TVM+

Which at the time was advertised has £5 for TIVO and £8 for TVM+

which made it £13+£25 BB =£38

so in december i was expecting a bill to be £38 ish per month

NOPE it was £40.99p

i was out by a few pounds,which wouldnt bother me too much if only i could figure out how i got £38 and they got £40.99 .

THEN told £3.50 was being added in new year(feb)

AND NOW BILL IS £44.49

Well loads of polite emails to them to no avail

untill today i got MY VAT RECEIPT in the post now i see why i couldnt get same figure has virgin(WHY didnt they tell me plus VAT at 20%) added to bill.

CAN I GET VAT BACK FROM VIRGIN FOR CHARGING ME VAT HAS A EXTRA NOT HAS INCLUDED LIKE IT SAYS 

The VAT receipts show the full system charge for each service, however these are not always what you are actually charged, as there are normally adjustments (credits) to the services to bring them to the price they are sold at.

I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own
Please use plain text.
Crafty
i_bryn

just a update i get a vat report every month now.which is still confusing but price wise if i did same comparison eg tivo+M+ and BB30megs on site has a new cust. i get close to my bill statment.so now i understand that it wasnt my maths it was virgins sneaky way of upping price by getting rid of old web pages /price at time to new pages with different results.i do save snapshots and old pages i can go back in time.so now i know that my maths was correct but "good news but letter""all this for " was rubbish and just a way for virgin to make money(which is ok with me)still cheaper then rest i just didnt understand why my price was different,

at ther sign time for TV i had allready had VM BB for a year so when i got TV added to my acount the 2 together was classed has a bungle im stuck with 1 year lol

Please use plain text.