Check your service statusCable National
Searching for something?
Fresh as a Daisy
davebrown27

Mates Rates

Hi, I have been on mates rates for 3 years, my friend has just recently left Virgin, can I continue on with my mates rates package or will I have to move to another package?

Please use plain text.
Forum Team
Kath_F

Re: Mates Rates

Hi davebrown27,

Whenever your Mate leaves the company the discount will continue untill your next billing date. To be sure and so you don't get any nasty surprises I would give Customer Services a call. They can advise you how much the package will be without the discount and will also be able to make changes should you wish to do so :smileyhappy:

You can reach them on 150 (free) from a Virgin Media land line or alternatively 0845 454 1111 (chargeable) from any other line.

Thanks,

Kath
Help & Support Forum Team

Seen a useful post?Problem Solved?Fault with your service?
Please use plain text.
Fresh as a Daisy
davebrown27

Hi kath, I'm confused now as customer services are saying i will stay on mates rates indefinatley unless I change the contract, but I thought it only lasted while my mate was with the company.

I don't want to risk leaving it and then find I have a hefty bill to pay next month.

How do I get in defiante answer as I have conflicting info now?

Thanks,

Please use plain text.
Forum Team
Kath_F

Hi davebrown27,

Oh, I was always under the impression that if the Mate left the company you would no longer be entitled to the discount.

What I will do is send an email to the Mates Rates team and ask them to clarify both for you and for me :smileyhappy:

As soon as I receive a response I will get back to you :smileyhappy:

Thanks,

Kath

Please use plain text.
Forum Team
Kath_F

Hi davebrown27,

Thanks for your patience whilst I got clarification on this.

Here is a copy of what is in the Terms and conditions :smileyhappy:

Leaving? In the event that you cease to be an Eligible Virgin Media Employee, your Mate will receive the Mates Rates offer for the greater of either the period that you are employed or the remainder of their 18 month minimum term contract. After this time, we will contact them to discuss their options. If your Mate transfers responsibility for the account to someone else then the discount will be removed, although Virgin Media may, at its sole discretion, give your Mate a grace period at the discounted rate before his/her account is charged at the prevailing rate for the services taken.

Hope this clears things up! It looks as though I was mistaken on the terms :smileyhappy:

Kath

Please use plain text.
Fresh as a Daisy
teyna

Hi Kath

I currently have a mates rates discount, and have done for a few years. What's the chances of me negotiating a tivo box in replacement of my v+ box at no extra cost?? I'd be willing to give up all the free landline calls I get as I don't use them!

The package has increased a few times since I signed up, and now I can't control my soundbar with the old virgin box.

Please use plain text.
Community Lead
James_W

Hi teyna,

You'll have to get in touch with customer services and see what they say.

It's not something that we can offer on the forum.

Regards,

James W
Community Lead - Help & Support Forum Team

Please use plain text.
One to Watch
Taha

my friend signed me up to mates rate contract. does it say anything particular on the contract about mates rate ifyou've  got it?

Please use plain text.
Forum Team
Nicola_C

Hello Taha

Yes once you call in customer services should be able to see that you are on a "mates rate" package

Thanks

Nicola_C

Please use plain text.
Fresh as a Daisy
Gunner6282

Hi

Can anyone tell me what offers are available on Mates rates at the minute? I understand there are 2 options?

Thanks in advance

Paul

Please use plain text.