Check your service statusCable National
Ask a question
Captain Clued-Up
LandUzu

Is the TOR network blocked by VM?

Are VM blocking access to the TOR network?

If anybody knows this, it would be handy please.

Best Regards

LandUzu

Best Regards

LandUzu
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hi guys, I do NOT work for Virgin Media and as such any advice i post is my opinion. PLEASE CLICK THE ↓ KUDOS STAR IF I HELP :smileyhappy::smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
Emerging Talent
NinjaStapler

Re: Is the TOR network blocked by VM?

I didnt think TOR could be blocked?

Please use plain text.
The Sorcerer’s Apprentice
CezzBB

I agree with NinjaStapier due to the nature of TOR I don't think that Virgin Media could block access to the TOR network as there are way to many Personal PC's involved. It is possible they are blocking a few nodes though if they have received reports of those IP's being involved in malicious activity ec.
Please use plain text.
Captain Clued-Up
LandUzu

cheers ladz,

have now been able to connect. had a period of 2 hours where the site would not load at all. all good now.

Thanks for your time  :smileyhappy:

LandUzu

Best Regards

LandUzu
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hi guys, I do NOT work for Virgin Media and as such any advice i post is my opinion. PLEASE CLICK THE ↓ KUDOS STAR IF I HELP :smileyhappy::smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
Superuser
apcyberax

more likey the tor site. i would guess it gets targeted alot. we all know China likes to attack and take down sites they can;t monitor.
Please use plain text.
Emerging Talent
jeffd

Hi, I use TOR quite often - bit slow bit not getting blocked by VM.

Please use plain text.