Check your service statusCable National
Searching for something?
Fresh as a Daisy
bemo

I want to terminate my contract - few questions

[ Edited ]

hello everyone. 15th of june, this year i am leaving england and i have virgin media 30mb broadband (this is package L i guess). i started contract on 02.2013 my contract end date is 02.2014.

i read that for L package there is fee of 9 pounds per month

there is a question - can i do it by phone? because after 15.06.2013 i wont be in england. how long do i have to wait for it to be done? i mean can i call at 13.06 to virgin media and agree for contract termination fee of xx pounds and pay it by direct debit and my contract is finished? what should i do? im new to it if u could help me by answering these questions i would be thankful, thanks,przemek

also there is another question, can someone take my contract for his name?

Please use plain text.
Superuser
nodrogd

Re: I want to terminate my contract - few questions

[ Edited ]

You can cancel by phone or in writing, & should give 30 days notice of cancellation. The cancellation fee would usually be the total of the cost of the remainder of your contract.

The best thing to do is phone Virgin during normal office hours & choose the option 5 then 3 (Thinking of Leaving). The Virgin staff on this forum cannot discuss account issues here due to Data Protection laws.

Cable customer since 1993. Services: XL TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV+), XL Telco, 100Mb BB, Virgin PAYG Mobile
Please use plain text.
Fresh as a Daisy
bemo

thanks for answer but what about contract termination fee that is on the internet shown somwehre on that forum? i saw that for every month of my package there is fee of 9 pounds...

also is it possible to change the name on contract? i saw somewhere there that it is possible but there is 20 pounds fee and contract is signed once again for 12 months on another user

waiting for reply, przemek

Please use plain text.
Forum Team
Emma_K

Hi Bemo, 

If you would like to cancel your services due to leaving the country, then the best people to speak to would be home movers. 

You can contact them on 150 from a Virgin landline or you can also reach them on 0845 454 1111

They'll be able to give you the best options :smileyhappy: 

Thanks

Emma_K
Help & Support Forum Team

Problem Solved?Fault with your service?We did warn you!
Please use plain text.
Emerging Talent
starman316

I cancelled my services a few days ago. 6 months in to my contract. Having to move out of the cable area because my wife is very ill. Virginia have slapped 180quid termination charges on her account. Just is not fair as it is not our fault we are having to be closer to family for support. I would not recommend Virgin media again to anyone. The best provider I have ever used but have failed us since we had to disconnect. Thanks virgin
Please use plain text.
Superuser
apcyberax

So as you have broken your contract to have the services for the contract time at your current addyou think that is vm fault. 

You paid what you agreed to if you didn't complete your contract 

Please use plain text.
Freakishly Helpful
DABhand

Hey apcy, infact they have a chance not pay that £180, due to unforeseen circumstances.. its called Frustration of Contract, where persons can legally close a contract due to circumstances beyond their control.

Like the house blowing up

Sickness

3rd Party interference

Change of Law

However if the illness was known for a long time and forseeable then they cannot do this and have to pay the fee.

Please use plain text.
Fresh as a Daisy
rabbit979

I would like to terminate the service because I moved to another apartment where there is internet. My contract expires on 13 July 13 and then I would like to eliminate. How can I do this online? 

thanks, Rabbit

Please use plain text.
Superuser
apcyberax

you need to give vm 30 days notice so if you cann now you can cancel on 23July
Please use plain text.
Emerging Talent
starman316

[ Edited ]

Wife has only recently diagnosed, and the whole purpose of moving is to seek support for her!

I understand a contract is a contract and you are bound by them, but our circumstances are unforeseen, i cannot move the services (100mb cable fibre and phone) because the new address is rural suffolk adsl of 2mb if were lucky!

Please use plain text.