Check your service statusCable National
Searching for something?
The Sorcerer’s Apprentice
Martyn452

I need to downgrade my Broadband package but don't know how.

Hi, Can you help?

I need to downgrade my fibre optic broadband package because my finances are being crushed at the moment. I cannot see them getting any better. I'm currently on the £30 month package. I think it is unlimited. But I want to go for the £13.50 per month package which I believe will suit my financial situation.

Please don't direct me to a phone line because the last time I phoned I ended up paying £6 just to get through. I prefer to use the email method or perhaps it can be all be done via this very forum? At the moment I have last months, and this months bill to pay and I cannot pay it all off at once, and so they will cut me off shortly. My financies have just crashed and it looks like I can no longer afford the package I am currently on.

Please help if you can?

Please use plain text.
Superuser
Ernie_C

Re: I need to downgrade my Broadband package but don't know how.

Assuming that you have standalone broadband, the cheapest option is £21 per month. The £13.50 per month is only if you also take the landline at an additional £13.90 per month.

See here:

http://shop.virginmedia.com/broadband/up-to-10mb.html

Please use plain text.
The Sorcerer’s Apprentice
Martyn452

Without making any telephone calls how can I downgrade to the £21 per month package then? Thanks for the reply, btw.

Please use plain text.
Superuser
Ernie_C

No - you cannot downgrade online.

Best call 0845 454 1111 and take the options as if you are leaving. You will get UK staff who will help.

Please use plain text.