Check your service statusCable National
Ask a question
Fresh as a Daisy
Tony-S

How do I set up a manual IP configuration

Hi,

I have a superhub & 30mb broadband.  I want connect my Sky+ HD box to the hub to receive Sky anytime+.

Including the Sky box the hub now has 4 ethernet connections

1. Sky+ HD
  2. Bluray
  3. PC
  4. NAS HDD

However I am getting a SERVICE CONNECTION FAIL error.

If I remove the Sky, PC and NAS ethernet cables and then plug in the Sky cable I can connect ok, I then reconnect the other cables and everything works ok until the following morning when I get the service connection error again.

I have swapped the cables over to ensure it isn't a fault with one of the cables but this hasn't made any difference.

Sky's forum advised that I set up a Manual IP configuration on the Sky box to avoid any IP address conflict happening with my connections.  However, this would be need to be specific to the hub I am using.

The info the sky box is asking for is

• IP Address        ---,---,---,---
  • Subnet              ---,---,---,---
  • Gateway Router ---,---,---,---
  • DNS                  ---,---,---,---

The 4 ethernet connections, plus printer, games and mobile phones etc gives me 12 devices attached so far.

Can you please advise what these setting should be?

Many thanks,

Tony

Please use plain text.
Trust Me, I’m a Doctor
Benjamin_T

Re: How do I set up a manual IP configuration

Hi Tony-S,

Under normal circumstances we would not support a connection to Sky equipment as it is a 3rd party device.

We can provide you with the settings you require but we would be unable to provide any set-up instructions for the Sky+ HD box.

You will need to call us for these settings as we are unable to discuss I.P. address information via the forums.

Please call 150 from a Virgin Media landline or 0845 454 1111.

I work for Virgin Media but my opinions are my Own
Please use plain text.