Check your service statusCable National
Ask a question
One to Watch
ochen

Fritzbox not working as DSL modem on Virgin media

Hi.

I have FritzBox 7140 router and before I was with o2 brodband and everything worked fine until I switched to Virgin media my router does not want to connect to internet DSL sync. exist but no internet connection. Can anyone help me with this?

Thank you.

Please use plain text.
Superuser
paultechy

Re: Fritzbox not working as DSL modem on Virgin media

well the Fritzbox 7140 is designed for broadband via ADSL (broadband via telephone line), with your new connection are you using the same via virginmedia national, or via a cable connection?

----------------------------------------------------------
If someone's helped you out say thanks by clicking on the Kudos Star. If someone's solved your problem, why not mark their message as an Accepted Solution
Please use plain text.
One to Watch
ochen

Hi.

Im geting my internet thru phone line.

Please use plain text.
Superuser
paultechy

maybe advisiable to post in here - http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Broadband-down-your-phone-line/bd-p/national take it you've done the basics, enter the router config settings entered your username password. using PPOA

----------------------------------------------------------
If someone's helped you out say thanks by clicking on the Kudos Star. If someone's solved your problem, why not mark their message as an Accepted Solution
Please use plain text.
One to Watch
ochen

I have entered all settings as requaired but no connection but when I have connected netgear router I can connect to internet.

Please use plain text.
One to Watch
ochen

Problem solved by entering this settings
VPI

VCI

Encapsulation mode

PPP over ATM (PPPoA) VC-MUX

Authentication type

CHAP

Recommended MTU

Please use plain text.
Expert Opinionator
John_Hag

Hi ochen,

Thanks for letting us know that it's now sorted. However, this is a Forum for cable broadband. If you have any further difficulties then please post in the "broadband down your phone line" Forum and one of my Virgin National colleagues will be able to assist.

Regards,
John Haggerty
Help & Support Forum Team

If someone's helped you out say thanks by clicking on the Kudos Star. If someone's solved your problem, why not mark their message as a Helpful Answer? You can also help other users find useful posts by Tagging them with keywords. Got a problem? Check for faults online with our new service status and fault checker

If you are new to the forum, please remember to search the forum before posting your question. Please don't send private messages directly to the forum team unless they ask you to, post your issue to the forum first.
Please use plain text.