Check your service statusCable National
Ask a question
Emerging Talent
T5mikka
Helpful Answer

Failed credit check, what a JOKE.

OK been thinking of using Virgin for business broadband and today after yet another load of junk mail through the door from them I thought would give them a go.

I've just moved to a new address and had BT beg that we stay with them but go fed up with strange charges on the bills which they have to keep taking off for services we dont have, so signed up with the post office for the phone (no problems here including the full call package)

Phoned up BE internet our current provider and moved the service to the new address, currently have 5 x 24 meg lines (no problem here, even added a few extras)

Phoned up virgin and wanted 50mb with 13 static IP's, place is already installed with virgin from previous occupiers and thought i'd run it along side my BE setup as been with them for many many years but wanted to give fibre a go.

Virgin call back and say that the credit check failed, now is it me or does that fact that they think a Ltd & VAT registered company cant afford £54 a month, a company with no outstanding credit or bills and has always had cash in the bank since going into business many years ago and has always showed a good profit every year.

The funny thing is it was for broadband only with no phone (as phone already setup with PO/BE) to a premise which already has virgin installed, thats gotta be the funnest bit they dont even have to install anything, its not as if we could even clock up a bill in the first place as its only broadband yet they decline, he did say he could put it through my name which means I'd then be paying out of my own pocket for one of my businesses broadband connections, I dont think so.

I wonder how many companies they actually turn away for no reason, still BE internet are more than happy to provide more lines with broadband and we will wait until march for the install in the area of FTTC from BT (BT infinity).

Who else has had this problem, go on dont be shy.

Please use plain text.
Superuser
apcyberax

Re: Failed credit check, what a JOKE.

if your credit check failed its not vm fault
Please use plain text.
Emerging Talent
T5mikka

@apcyberax funny you say its not vm fault whos is it then, your gonna say experian, but thats my point all they get is a simple yes/no and to credit check a company for a service you cant run a bill up on is dumb, do you work for vm, you must do, but as with all companies like this no one gives a monkeys as why should they as its not as if they have shares in the company or its gonna make a difference to their pay packet.

Just posted this so others can see theres no logic to opening an account here.

Please use plain text.
Superuser
paultechy

you could look at - http://shop.virginmedia.com/the-legal-stuff/credit-check.html

----------------------------------------------------------
If someone's helped you out say thanks by clicking on the Kudos Star. If someone's solved your problem, why not mark their message as an Accepted Solution
Please use plain text.
Superuser
apcyberax

so why did the credit check say no? its not vm fault. its not experian fault. its whoever got the bad credit rating in the first place.
Please use plain text.
Emerging Talent
T5mikka

@apcyberax, your missing the point, there is no bad credit, no missed payments, nothing outstanding, and this is for a service where you cant run up a bill.

I own the company and obtained a personal loan from the bank for over £17k + cards which was approved within seconds on the phone, so like I said theres no reason for a fail, we also have access to exprian online so I can see eveything myself.

I had this issue with T-mobile a year ago, got a fail for no reason, went the 3 mobile and got 2 htc desires and a dongle all on their top tarrifs with no problem, this was a year ago and still today T-mobiles search never showed on the credit file meaning that they never did it, I ownder if the same happens here.

Funny also you would have thought they'd take a deposit or a year up front its only £648 for the year but nope, you failed good by, cant help thinking I've had a lucky escape after going through this forum though.

Please use plain text.
Superuser
apcyberax

the service is still a contract so you need to be able to complete it. If the credit rating came back no then maybe you should look into why. maybe its not as clean as you think. maybe vm made a mistake. but still i'd check.
Please use plain text.
Superuser
paultechy

you could always do a check on your own credit report - http://www.experian.co.uk 30 day free trial. 

----------------------------------------------------------
If someone's helped you out say thanks by clicking on the Kudos Star. If someone's solved your problem, why not mark their message as an Accepted Solution
Please use plain text.
Emerging Talent
T5mikka

@apcyberax, Ive already checked, heres a copy and paste from exprian, oh look were 9% committed. 

Number of credit accounts (including those settled) = 10
% of your total credit being used (excluding mortgages) = 9%
Amount of outstanding debt (excluding mortgages and defaults) = £14,405
Number of accounts overdue = 0
Number of missed or late repayments in the last year = 0

Yep I can see were a high risk with nothing outstanding and nothing missed and only used 9% of our avaiable credit to spend meaning we owe a tad over £14k, yep we cant afford a broadband connection, and whats funny were an I.T. company so guess what we wont be recommending VM for broadband etc, your prob laughing right now going yeah-yeah but if you knew how many BE broadband products we've installed for our customers you'd stop laughing as we only install what weve tested and currently run ourselfs.

Please use plain text.
Emerging Talent
T5mikka

@apcyberax,

Yep here it is, the search now shows at exprian so they did actually do the search, I have deleted with ** private info, UNBELIEVABLE, I have no probs obtaining almost anything on credit as long as its not VM broadband, now thats funny.

Experian previous searches:

Name: **
Address: **
Date of birth: **
Searched on: 14/11/2011
Searched By: VIRGIN MEDIA BUSINESS LIMITED
Application Type: Unrecorded Enquiry
Please use plain text.