Check your service statusCable National
Ask a question
Fresh as a Daisy
Graemec12

Double bill -Virgin system fault-Damage to credit file as a result

Don't even know where to start with how deeply frustrated and angry I am around this

I got an email saying my bill was ready, checked it and was double charged with a late fee!

Virgin did not lift payment last month when I had money in my account and now are billing me for two months!! They have refunded fee but on checking my credit report this morning it shows this has went down as a late payment!!

What a highly stressful event out of no fault of my own and I now have to order a copy and send it to them, no compensation or reduced bill and only got a sorry.

Nightmare
Please use plain text.
Emerging Talent
lee1972

Re: Double bill -Virgin system fault-Damage to credit file as a result

this happened to me to

nothing last month not even showing on my bills online

then had a email bill is ready on wednesday for 2 months

cant pay it all together as only on jobseekers

have emailed them but no reply as yet

what did you get refunded just the late fee?

wasnt a late fee on mine was just the 2 months charges

love to know how many this has happened to

i know they used to do this a lot when had a paper bill sent out every few months i didnt get one

but 1st time this has happened by email

Please use plain text.
Fresh as a Daisy
Graemec12

I have typed a complaint letter and this is an extract of it. This has caused great distress and I'm appalled that nothing has been done to compensate as a result.
Check your credit file!

· That I was not contacted by Virgin Media when this problem happened with an explanation of why this problem arose with an apology or next steps · That I now need to pay two months bills which come to £95 which is going to be a struggle for me to pay this month as I have organised work to be carried out at my house. · I was not contacted to advise that a payment had been missed as I could have brought it up to date at that time. · I have had to dedicate time to find out what has happened and be out financially to try and rectify this problem. · That my credit file is now showing a late payment when I have never missed a payment before and this could result in overdrafts/credit card limits etc being reduced that I have spent time building up due to a good credit file.       I would like this issue rectified and to be contacted otherwise I will be speaking to a third party to further investigate this.  I also do not feel that I will continue with Virgin Media when my contract comes up as I have received appalling customer service.
Please use plain text.
Fresh as a Daisy
Graemec12

I am still waiting for this to be resolved.  I will be speaking to the CISAS about this if not rectified asap

Please use plain text.
The Sorcerer’s Apprentice
Unhappy1234

hi you can go to the underwriting department to outline your case and ask them to look into the entry on your credit report. I am in the process of doing this as I am bchary attributed with a debt that was incurred two years after I left a property. Whether it is going to get me any closer to resolving my issue, I don't know yet so I can't comment on how helpful this is or not. But virgin media don't seem to want to deal with may complaint unless I go through this process so I suppose I have to. My anxiety levels are continually rising. I too will be taking this further if not resolved in the next few weeks as it has had a big impact on my life (we were buying a house but all has fallen through)

Consumer underwriting service

Virgin media

Cable phone house

Small Heath business park

Talbot way

B10  0HJ

Hope this is of help

Please use plain text.
Boffin
Buffer6

[ Edited ]

Well apparently something similar has happened to me

I got an upgrade from 60Mb/s broadband to 152Mb/s, told that the upgrade would cost an extra £7.50 on my package charge

Old bill before upgrade https://www.dropbox.com/s/4jc1t08wxv2cr7l/before%20152%20upgrade.jpg showing package charge

New bill after upgrade https://www.dropbox.com/s/3th2vbbr9zbajm5/upgrade%20to%20152.jpg showing the new package charge... But look an extra £7.00 added a second time for the month in the list and totaled along with the new bundle charge.

I phoned up and was told I would get a credit for the £7.00 as I was not informed that any included extra charges would be imposed on my bill for the upgrade.

So It's a wise move to keep an eye to your bills and get in touch with them if anything seems amiss.

[MOD EDIT: Inappropriate comment removed, please review the Forum Guidelines]

Please use plain text.
Forum Team
Nicola_C

Hello Buffer6

Apologies that we made a mistake and glad you got it corrected in the end.

You did the best thing calling in as due to data protection considerations we are unable to deal with billing issues via the forum.

Hope its going well for you now.

Thanks

Nicola_C
Help & Support Forum Team

Problem Solved?Fault with your service?We did warn you!

Please use plain text.