One to Watch
markhobley

Contacting Virgin Media Technical Support From My Orange Phone

How is the best way to contact Virgin Media support staff from my Orange mobile phone, in the event that my broadband connection goes down?

From a land line, it is possible to dial 0845 454 1111 to contact an engineer. However,I am replacing my landline with a mobile phone. From my mobile (provided by Orange), I have to pay heavily for the use of an 0845 number, and it takes several minutes to get through to an engineer via the automated call handling service. I reckon it will cost all of my pay as you go credit just to get through to the engineer using 0845 from a mobile. Is there an alternative number that can be used from mobile phones that can be used here?I get free calls to local numbers and other mobiles, but not for 0845 numbers. I am hoping that there is a local office number number that I could call that begines with an area code (preferably something beginning with 0121, 01384 or 01543 or something like that).

Often I just need a line reset done from the remote side. I don't really want all of my mobile credit zapped each time that I require this.

Alternatively, I would be happy if I could just text RESET and my account number to some number, and my connection gets reset. (This is probably a pipe dream. I know.)

Mark.

Please use plain text.
Fix-a-Lot
Paul_B

Re: Contacting Virgin Media Technical Support From My Orange Phone

Hi markhobley,

Unfortunately we only have the 151 or 0845 454 1111 numbers for customers to dial us on. You can use the forums for support, if you have a working connection. Otherwise you will have to call in.

Regards.

Paul Buchanan
Help & Support Forum Team

If someone's helped you out say thanks by clicking on the Kudos Star. If someone's solved your problem, why not mark their message as a Helpful Answer? You can also help other users find useful posts by Tagging them with keywords.

Got a problem? Check for faults online with our new service status and fault checker

If you are new to the forum, please remember to search the forum before posting your question. Please don't send private messages directly to the forum team unless they ask you to, post your issue to the forum first.
Please use plain text.
Wizard
Annie_UK

[ Edited ]

http://abcde.co.uk/virginmedia/broadband-faq.php#numbers

0151 477 7590 will get you to support and be cheaper :smileyhappy:

http://www.saynoto0870.co.uk is brilliant for cheaper calls and not just for 0870 number either :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Making Waves
sjoerd

This is simply untrue, you are alo breaking the law by this statement, you are legally obliged to disclosed to disclose the landline number behind the premium number!
Please use plain text.
Superuser
apcyberax

"legally obliged" please point me to the law that says that as it will be useful to know when i next need to get a cheaper number
Please use plain text.
Proof’s in the Pudding
AMD87

sjoerd wrote:
This is simply untrue, you are alo breaking the law by this statement, you are legally obliged to disclosed to disclose the landline number behind the premium number!

0845 is NOT  a premium rate number and there is no law stateing that all,good fail there though and guess what dailing the 0845 number doesnt go to 1 specific landline number therefore the reason behind it being a NON geograpical number.

Please use plain text.
Fresh as a Daisy
kev_stanfield

I have tried to contact Virgin in regards to my ongoiong broadband connection issues, I was informed in the Virgin Media shop in Huddersfield that I was not able to use their phone because it is no longer allowed

I informed the shop, service team, that my broadband was not really working and I was very disappointed with the service I had received up-to-date, I was previously a SKY customer and the broadband service was much much better. I was informed that they could do nothing to help me.  When I explained the cost of phoning Vigin from a mobile phone they suggested I purchase a Virgin Phone.

I am lucky I have only a one year contract, because of the way I have been treated and the poor customer service I have experienced I will be terminating my contract in the very near future.......

Poor Broadband Service, Very Poor Customer Service = Poor Customer Retention

Please use plain text.