Check your service statusCable National
Ask a question
Making Waves
Smileeej
Helpful Answer

Complaints Procedure

I suggest that this forum gives some clear and useful advice for customers who have a complaint.

After searching the VM website and this forum it seems to be all roads lead to the contact us page which has no way to complain on it, a dead end then!!

Can we have a simple way to complain and remove all the other pointless "helpful" posts on this forum and any out of date FAQs.

I realise that VM would prefer us customers to spend stupid amounts of time and money on the 0845 numbers and eventually give up and go away but this is not how customer service will develop in the long term. We customers are getting increasingly frustrated about this method of "customer service" and its about time large companies started to take notice of the only thing that actually gives them a business in the first place, US!!!

If I ran my business in the same way as Virgin Media I would be out of business in no time at all due to other companies providing better levels of customer service.

Virgin Media may be in a position of very little competition at the moment but lets hope it's not long before someone actually challenges them and makes them wake up to reality.

I assume that any replies to this post will soon be stopped as the forum moderators will close this thread as they have with other similar ones but hopefully this will not be deleated!!

One of the many unhappy customers.

Cheers

Jerry

Please use plain text.
Making Waves
Peter11

Re: Complaints Procedure

Jerry

I am with you web site sends you in circles, No customer service at all from VM sent 2 complaints through their system GUESS what no response. Very quick to take your money and unwilling to listing to complaints maybe they will contact me now I have stopped my DD best off luck with you requests to VM Pete

Please use plain text.
Making Waves
tobig4theirboot

Just used VM's compliants procedure tried to submit my email to be informed it had expired. They have made it impossible to complain. We have been trying to leave since July and they keep giving us new contracts without our agreement and stopping our TV package even though we are paying for it. This company has the worst customer services I have ever had the misfortune to deal with and should be ashamed of themselves, I will now contact Watchdog instead and perhaps they can get VM to stop shamelessly putting customers on packages the customer knows nothing about. 

Please use plain text.
One to Watch
Hold51

Agree i had a tivo installed some two months ago and as well they had to switch two other units in the house, the Tivo was installed alright except a lead was taken out of my surround sound system, but the installer completely botched the other two moves, including not having a power lead for the Tivo and therefore used the old one and left one unit with no power and the other he had not linked at all. So we were left for a weekend with no service except for the Tivo.

Despite writing to Virgin they have come up with no apology or compensation offer for this cowboy installation perhaps they need to shift the accounts team into the complaints dept.

Although the accounts team just sent me a reminder for a bill paid on the 19th October, so their admin is still a pathetic joke and customer service is a false title for these deaf to all problems people!

Please use plain text.
Emerging Talent
Jam800

I fully agree.

The complaints procedure on here stinks quite frankly. After over an hour last night searching for a suitable email address to direct my complaint to I eventually gave up and took a scatter gun approach to this by adding futile rants on this forum page and an email to the virgin on-demand service.

I eventually got a response ackowledging reciept of my complaint but I have little confidence left in receiving a satisfactory reply back to my original complaint.

I have since passed my frustrations on to Which? so perhaps they will review this poor service before long.

I will be walking away from Virgin once my contract concludes in 4 months time, as all they have done as I see it, is hog-tie me and steal my cash for a service that is below that which I am paying for. If I can find a way out of my current contract before this period I will be leaving sooner and won't be coming back.

I will then be taking my mobile contract away from Virgin too, as the service on that has been little better to be honest. Only problem is I have another 12 months to run on that...

Very unhappy (not to mention angry and frustrated) with the service...:smileysad:

Please use plain text.
Crafty
fabfor

At last a place on this forum to focus our dissatisfaction with VM's unbelievably bad customer service! Keep this going!

I have emails that prove that VM is in the wrong but they refuse to respond other than to say "we are now unable to assist you any further on this particular complaint"!

They are also bypassing their own formal complaints procedure by ignoring my requests to escalate to a senior manager. It seems as exactly as if the grownups have left the kids in charge of a fully electrified house.:smileymad:

Please use plain text.
Crafty
Wild

Agree 100% with Jerry.

Please use plain text.
One to Watch
helenheelsuk

I have an unresolved complaint. And for those of you thinking of leaving Virgin - BEWARE - make sure you contact them to disconnect and cancel your direct debit. I moved to BT with a MAC code but Virgin claim this wasn't used and continued to take payments and charge me a cancellation fee as code wasn't used. BT say it was used and OFCOM say if service is uninterrupted then Virgn must have used the MAC. After 8 weeks you can take Virgin to the Ombudsmen - contact "CISAS" via

http://www.cisas.org.uk/

CISAS will....

"settle disputes about billing and service issues. 

Before sending your dispute to us you need to have complained to your company and given them a reasonable chance to fix the problem.  If the company tells you in writing that they cannot do that or if 8 weeks has passed since you complained to them, then you can use CISAS.

CISAS is free to you and we provide an informal and independent way of settling disputes."

For what it's worth (0)here is Virgins complaints procedure ....

http://shop.virginmedia.com/content/dam/allyours/pdf/Consumer%20Complaint%20code%20Jan%2011.pdfhttp://shop.virginmedia.com/content/dam/allyours/pdf/Consumer%20Complaint%20code%20Jan%2011.pdf

Please use plain text.
Superuser
apcyberax

virgin media do not use mac codes if your using vm cable and you can have vm and other dsl using a bt line at the same time
Please use plain text.
One to Watch
helenheelsuk

We don't have cable. Virgin supplied a MAC code

Please use plain text.