Check your service statusCable National
Ask a question
Fresh as a Daisy
spuddly54

Chromecast setup Help needed.

Hello

Has anyone got the chrome-cast from Google and if so did you manage to get it working on Virgins super hub. I really would appreciate some help purchased it from the USA on the 9th of this month and cannot get it to see my hub?

Please use plain text.
Forum Team
John_G

Re: Chromecast setup Help needed.

Hi Spuddly54,

I'm not familiar with the chromecast I'm afraid. Does the device work ok with the Tv/screen you're plugging it into? 

If so does it pick up any wireless networks at all? Also, what mode is your hub broadcasting in? It may be as simple as the chromecast not being capable of receiving 5GHz signal.

John
Help & Support Forum Team

Problem Solved?Fault with your service?We did warn you!
Please use plain text.
Fresh as a Daisy
spuddly54

Hello john_G

I bought the chromecast from the U.S.A. a couple of weeks ago and was told it works with all "N" based networks.

The chromecast is a device that sits in the HDMI slot in a TV and allows you to "cast" what is showing in your Google browser.

You have to download an App first from the US and install it to your pc.

Next a network search takes place to configure the chromecast .

Still no connection is shown.

My problem is that i cannot get the device to see my network yet it picks up other virgin media signals? so I am convinced its my super hub settings.

I am on the 2.4 GHz and have WPA2-PSK

TYPE 802.11n settings and  my home network runs fine this way i just cannot figure out why the app wont see my network.

Thanks

George B

here is a link to chromecast web site.http://www.google.com/intl/en-GB/chrome/devices/chromecast/#netflix

Please use plain text.
Forum Team
Kath_F

Hi spuddly54,

I'm afraid other than what John has already mentioned we are at a loss here. Hopefully some of our Community members will pick this up soon and give you some advice :smileyhappy:

I can't see it being an issue with your hub checking your connection all is looking good. Is this the only device you are having problems with??

Thanks,

Kath
Help & Support Forum Team

Problem Solved?Fault with your service?We did warn you!
Please use plain text.
Fresh as a Daisy
spuddly54

Hi

Yes it is the only device i am having problems with.

I did try this.

I bought a wireless modem and switched  the Super hub to modem only mode then connected the wireless box to this.Next i ran the chromecast app and it Worked !!

unfortunately i was only trying the second option to see if it was my Hub, also  my speed dropped to 12 meg from 49meg on the second box so i returned the wireless box as it was going to cost too much in the long run.
regards

G Broadhurst

Please use plain text.
Fresh as a Daisy
PeteGO

I'm having the same trouble - anyone know anything about this yet?

Please use plain text.
Omniscient
gary_dexter

What speed is the network set to?

54, 144 or 300?

are obss or greenfield enabled as well?
If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
Please use plain text.
Fresh as a Daisy
andyd63

Researching the Chromecast uses DIAL full details https://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&pid=sites&srcid=ZGlhbC1tdWx0aXNjcmVlbi5vcmd8ZGlhbHxneDo1NTA2NDQ5M...

Short version is it uses Multicasting so I guess the question should be does the Superhub support Multicast other than allowing it to be passed through or does it block between Wireless clients. If so are there any control options to allow

Testing myself I connected to a separate very basic wifi device and it works fine on this
Please use plain text.
Fresh as a Daisy
claudiol

Just bumping this up again and wondering if anyone has managed to successfully set chromecast with a VM Super Hub?

I tried chromecast app, re-booting, removing firewall on router and all the possible router related known issues as listed here:

https://support.google.com/chromecast/table/3477832?hl=en&ref_topic=3205565

A few have managed to do it via  websetup

https://cast.google.com/chromecast/setup?np=manualsetup,

but my WiFi doesn't even show up in the drop-down list despite being visible (and working of course).

Router just won't have it, very frustrating.

Any help would much appreciated.

Thanks

Please use plain text.
Clever-clogs
citizenx103

claudiol wrote:

Just bumping this up again and wondering if anyone has managed to successfully set chromecast with a VM Super Hub?

I tried chromecast app, re-booting, removing firewall on router and all the possible router related known issues as listed here:

https://support.google.com/chromecast/table/3477832?hl=en&ref_topic=3205565

A few have managed to do it via  websetup

https://cast.google.com/chromecast/setup?np=manualsetup,

but my WiFi doesn't even show up in the drop-down list despite being visible (and working of course).

Router just won't have it, very frustrating.

Any help would much appreciated.

Thanks

Just a thought - Does your SSID (Wifi name) have a long name?

ISTR some people having a similar issue on their Now TV boxes, shortening the name resolved the problem as far as I know.

Have nothing else to suggest but might be worth checking?

Please use plain text.