Check your service statusCable National
Ask a question
Fresh as a Daisy
Teepy

Cannot use Youtube, constantly buffering, won't load

Hi, Both my daughter (on her laptop) & mysel (on my computer) have suddenly been unable to get Youtube videos to load & play. They continuously buffer.  I've been told by an IT consultant friend that this is most likely caused by a problem with my internet broadband provider, Virgin Media.  Has anyone else encountered this problem & if so what's the solution please?

Please use plain text.
Superuser
paultechy

Re: Cannot use Youtube, constantly buffering, won't load

(Taken From Mark_Wilkin Post)
Inside the modem are various web pages that contain useful information about your connection. When reporting a connection fault it may be useful to include some of the information found within these pages. To view them open up your web browser and type http://192.168.100.1 into the address bar and press Enter.

The main information the Support team are interested in are the Downstream Power Level/Levels, Upstream Power Level and Downstream SNR (called RxMER on some modems). Depending on the model of modem you have this information will either be located in the ‘Signal’ page or the ‘Downstream’ and ‘Upstream’ pages.

Please note some modems will require you to log in before you can view these pages. The login details for both the username and password is root.

If using Netgear VMDG280
Visit http://192.168.0.1 enter password when prompted (This can be found on a sticker on your VMDG280) Click on the Connection and paste the information there.

If using Netgear VMDG480
Visit http://192.168.0.1 username admin password changeme if you then click on advanced settings, and choose connection and copy and paste all details

----------------------------------------------------------
If someone's helped you out say thanks by clicking on the Kudos Star. If someone's solved your problem, why not mark their message as an Accepted Solution
Please use plain text.
Dr. Yes
John_O

[ Edited ]

Hi Teepy,

I am currently unable to view your modem on our network, this may be related to the issues you are reporting or you may have it turned off. In order for us to investigate this further could you please leave your modem on for the next few days and please post the local signal levels from within the hub's configuration pages as suggested by paultechy. 

Regards,

John O

Help & Support Forum Team

If someone's helped you out say thanks by clicking on the Kudos Star. If someone's solved your problem, why not mark their message as an Accepted Solution? You can also help other users find useful posts by Tagging them with keywords.

If you are new to the forum, please remember to search the forum before posting your question.
Please use plain text.
Fresh as a Daisy
mummycass

Hi John I also have the same problem, and have done for a couple of months. We have several laptops and main computer and cannot access youtube. I have followed, to the letter I may add, advice from Adobe (because we had the problem immediately after downloading the latest flash update) and nothing. V.v.frustrating and when I came to the Virgin site to hopefully find some info that may help my lovely GCSE kids access the sites that they need on Youtube, I find that others are also having problems. Hoorah, it's not just me. Please, please, please can you speak in layman terms - I have no idea what you said in the above reply. I would be grateful for any help as am very confused! x
Please use plain text.
Fresh as a Daisy
mummycass

Sorry John Most of that was aimed at paul as I read his post first, in a good way Paul, I promise. Just fed of the bald patches showing on my head at the moment x
Please use plain text.
Expert Opinionator
John_Hag

Hi mummycass,

I have sent you a Private Message. We'll be happy to progress things for you once we have received your reply.

Regards,
John Haggerty
Help & Support Forum Team

If someone's helped you out say thanks by clicking on the Kudos Star. If someone's solved your problem, why not mark their message as a Helpful Answer? You can also help other users find useful posts by Tagging them with keywords. Got a problem? Check for faults online with our new service status and fault checker

If you are new to the forum, please remember to search the forum before posting your question. Please don't send private messages directly to the forum team unless they ask you to, post your issue to the forum first.
Please use plain text.