Check your service statusCable National
Ask a question
Fresh as a Daisy
nishantk

Cancelled Virgin Media account and need to return the equipment

[ Edited ]

I recently cancelled my Virginmedia Broadband services. My old account details are -

Account number -[EDIT: removed private information]
Area reference code -[EDIT: removed private information]

I need to return the equipment(Two Wifi Routers.). At the time of cancellation I was told that Virgin Media would arrange collection of equipment(or send Free post boxes to post the equipment back.).

I have not received any free post boxes to return the equipement. (I have two routers) nor have I heard from Virgin media about this.

Efforts to reach the customer services numbers are useless as they keep bouncing you off from department to department, asking the same questions always and resolving to no results. Its a simple question - Please arrange for collection of equipments, or let me know how to post the equipments back.

Please use plain text.
Trust Me, I’m a Doctor
Chris_K

Re: Cancelled Virgin Media account and need to return the equipment

Hi nishantk

This is not something we can arrange unfortunately. Please give our customer service team a call on 0845 454 1111 to discuss this

Regards,

Chris Kean

Help & Support Forum Team

If someone's helped you out say thanks by clicking on the Kudos Star. If someone's solved your problem, why not mark their message as an Accepted Solution? You can also help other users find useful posts by Tagging them with keywords.

If you are new to the forum, please remember to search the forum before posting your question.
Please use plain text.
Fresh as a Daisy
nishantk

Hi Chris,

Thanks for replying. I understand it would not be possible to answer such queries over the forum.

However, I have tried contacting Virgin media Customer Care at the number suggested Multiple times. Unfortunately, it is awfully hard to convey this simple query to customer care. They keep bouncing me from one department to another. Each department would verify account numbers etc., listen to the problem and then redirect me to another department. The same thing has happened three times. (I can understand it getting complicated once the account is cancelled, but that does not help)

I would prefer if you can share an email address so that I can email this query to the concerened department. I hope you would agree that it is a much simpler problem. I only need to return the equipment. (I really do not mind posting back the equpment at my cost if I only know where to post it back to).

It would be unfortunate if in the final bill Virgin media ends up charging me for the equipment when I have made every effort to return them.

Thanks,

Nishant

Please use plain text.
Gandalf
Ray_M

Hi nishantk,

I'm not aware of an email address for this type of issue. You won't get charged for not returning the equipment so please either keep hold of the routers, pass them to someone who can make use of them or dispose of them in an environmentally friendly manner.

Regards,

Ray Miranda
Help & Support Forum Team

If someone's helped you out say thanks by clicking on the Kudos Star. If someone's solved your problem, why not mark their message as a Helpful Answer? You can also help other users find useful posts by Tagging them with keywords.

If you are new to the forum, please remember to search the forum before posting your question. Please don't send private messages directly to the forum team unless they ask you to, post your issue to the forum first.

Got a problem? Check for faults online with our new service status and fault checker

Please use plain text.
One to Watch
no_tv_4_a_month

"You won't get charged for not returning the equipment so please either keep hold of the routers, pass them to someone who can make use of them or dispose of them in an environmentally friendly manner."

Hi Ray!

Is this really true? Can I just throw the stuff away after cancelling? SuperHub? VBox? Anything?

Those collect+ shops are all out of town in my area...

THANKS very much.

Robert

Please use plain text.
Brainbox
escribblings

I have to admit that I thought VM did charge for their equipment - especially the new stuff.

#################################
# I do *not* work for VM - Just saying. #
Please use plain text.
One to Watch
no_tv_4_a_month

well, that's what I thought as well. but that is info from someone who should know. and end of 2011 is not that long ago.

thing is i really need to get rid of the VM equipment, have to leave the country urgently, probably for good. and i can't take that stuff with me. cancelled the contract last week, but they did not get back to me. can't get through using 150, so i gave up. have been spending lots of hours surfing the web to find a freakin address to send them their stuff back – can't find anything. this is unbelievable. was thinking about just taking it to the next VM store, but i dont really have time for that.

but then I read this thread. if this goes to court some day i'm gonna need a printout ;-).

ex-happy customer

Please use plain text.
Brainbox
escribblings

no_tv_4_a_month wrote:

well, that's what I thought as well. but that is info from someone who should know. and end of 2011 is not that long ago.

thing is i really need to get rid of the VM equipment, have to leave the country urgently, probably for good. and i can't take that stuff with me. cancelled the contract last week, but they did not get back to me. can't get through using 150, so i gave up. have been spending lots of hours surfing the web to find a freakin address to send them their stuff back – can't find anything. this is unbelievable. was thinking about just taking it to the next VM store, but i dont really have time for that.

but then I read this thread. if this goes to court some day i'm gonna need a printout ;-).

ex-happy customer

Errrr... 2011 is a long time ago - I presume you mean 2012.

Anyway, a quick search on "Virgin Media Returns" found this...

http://www.collectplus.co.uk/virgin

It's easy to return items to Virgin Media for FREE

Package the old equipment by following the Returning your old set top instructions on the box.Once everything's in the box, attach the pre-paid Collect+ return label over the old delivery label.
  1. Attach the Collect+ label

You should have received a Collect+ returns label with your order

Can't find the returns label?Create a new one

Please attach the returns label to the parcel, ensuring the delivery label is not visible and that your parcel weighs less than 10kg

2. Drop the parcel at a shop

You can drop off your parcel at ANY of over 5,000 local corner shops, open late, 7 days a week

Enter a place or postcode to find your nearest shop 

The shopkeeper will scan the parcel and give you a receipt with a unique reference code, allowing you to track your parcel

Your return will be processed on arrival at Virgin Media

Please use plain text.
Brainbox
escribblings

Regarding paying for items - I just found this:

How do I return my equipment when I cancel my services?

We’re sorry to hear you’ll be cancelling your service with us.

If you need to return a set top box and/or the Virgin Media Hub, we’ll arrange for it to be collected by one of our team – and they’ll also collect any other Virgin Media equipment you’re no longer using at the same time.

Remember, it’s important you return all equipment relating to the services you cancel – otherwise you may be liable for a charge on each item. See our article What happens if I don't return my equipment after I cancel?

To find out more and contact us please see our article How do I disconnect my services.

Please use plain text.
Superuser
Swt4ajp

and seriously you are trying to pick a fight? with a member of staff that hasnt been on the forums for well over a year lol

ray posted on the forums ‎16-01-2012 14:50 that was the last post from him and hes not been on since

and resurrecting an old thread isnt always good either, could of opened a new thread and then refered to it on the new thread

Please use plain text.