Check your service statusCable National
Ask a question
Emerging Talent
djmagnifique

Call received last week from 0800 052 2160

[ Edited ]

Last week I received a call from 0800 052 2160 on 14th march saying they were from the Loyalty team.  I said I was at work they asked if they could call back later to which I said yes after 5pm.  I did receive a call at about 5.25pm but my mobile only rang for about 1 second before the call was ended.

I also had a call form the same number on 8th march around 12.30pm but I didn't get to my phone in time.

I tried calling the number but it's just a recorded message saying that Virgin Media has called.

Are they likely to try and call again and any idea what they would be calling about?

Cheers.

Please use plain text.
Expert Opinionator
Dai_T

Re: Call received last week from 0800 052 2160

Hi djmagnifique, 

A quick search of that number on google brings up several results for nuisance calls. I don't believe that this is a genuine Virgin Media line. 

If you want to stop these calls please call our customer services team on 150 from a Virgin Landline or 0845 454 1111 ( chargeable ) who can apply a block so this number can't call you.

Dai_T
Help & Support Forum Team

Seen a useful post?Problem Solved?Fault with your service?
Please use plain text.
Emerging Talent
djmagnifique

Thankyou for the reply.

If it's a nuisance call why does it say that it's from Virgin Media when I call it back?  Also it uses the same voice as the menu system when I call 150 from my landline.

The reason it is being flagged as a nuisance call is because the peoplle mentioning it on the internet are stating that Virgin are calling them and they don't want them to where as i would like to know why Virgin were trying to get in touch.

The number 0800 052 XXXX has been used by Virgin in the past, 0800 052 4315 is a number I have that connects to the service status line so it is unlikely to be a bogus caller in my opinion.

Please use plain text.
Expert Opinionator
Dai_T

Hi djmagnifique, 

I have just called this from my mobile and get the same message as yourself, when I tested this earlier from my desk phone there was no tone. ( I'm assuming down to outbound blocks within the centre ).

If you want to discuss what the team called you for I would advise to call our support team and ask for the loyalty department.

Dai_T

Seen a useful post?Problem Solved?Fault with your service?
Please use plain text.
Fresh as a Daisy
Bosun_Doug

I have just arranged to downgrade my package. Is this why I have received a couple of calls from this number this week?
Today's call connected and 'Colin' wanted to talk to me about my recent account changes. He then wanted me to divulge my account's telephone password. I consider this odd, given that customer services normally only want three random characters from the password. I said I didn't know who he was and had no way of verifying his authenticity, so I wasn't prepared to give my password; but I said I was prepared to talk about the changes. At this point 'Colin' got quite antsie and refused to continue the conversation further. Hmmm, if this really was VM, the security protocol in the call-centre script needs reworking!
Please use plain text.
Forum Team
Emma_K

Hi Bosun_Doug,

That doesn't sound like a great experience. If you eve need to check any information please call us 150 free from a Virgin land line or 0845 454 1111 (chargeable) from any other phone.The team will be happy to help you.

Sadly we do not deal with billing or packages here, due to data protection so I cannot advise you on this.

Hope everything is all sorted for you now.

Thank you

Emma

Emma_K

Problem Solved?Fault with your service?We did warn you!
Please use plain text.