Check your service statusCable National
Ask a question
Making Waves
Edis

2 Broadband connections, 1 house?

[ Edited ]

Is it possible to have 2 broadband services for 1 house?

My house currently has 20MB, but my brother runs so many programs and games all at the same time that uses up most of the Internet, causing me to lag when I want to go online or play some games online.

So I was wondering, is it possible for me to have a separate account with only broadband for the same house?

Please use plain text.
Super-Solver
legacy1

Re: 2 Broadband connections, 1 house?

Edis wrote:

Is it possible to have 2 broadband services for 1 house?

My house currently has 20MB, but my brother runs so many programs and games all at the same time that uses up most of the Internet, causing me to lag when I want to go online or play some games online.

Sneak on to your brother's computer and change the NIC speed & duplex setting to 10Mbps. :smileytongue:

------------------Die-hard direct connection modem user :smileytongue:
Believing is catch 22 the VMDG280 should never of been made the Super hubs 1 & 2 could have been built better the years go by and we can't see the mistakes that were made to make things right.
The more that use modem mode the more we need IPv6: BQM, Outgoing ports test
Please use plain text.
Making Waves
Edis

[ Edited ]

I was looking for a more permanent solution, like getting broadband for myself to the same house.

Please use plain text.
Superuser
paultechy

your limited to 1 virginmedia cable connection in the house, if you have a BT telephone line you can get virgin national service added. 

http://shop.virginmedia.com/broadband/about-virgin-broadband/broadband-wherever-you-live.html or you can have internet via a different service provider.

----------------------------------------------------------
If someone's helped you out say thanks by clicking on the Kudos Star. If someone's solved your problem, why not mark their message as an Accepted Solution
Please use plain text.
Crafty
SILEeeles

In the past, there has been 2 seperate accounts at the house I live in (which is a shared house) under different names. Whether this was something that was overlooked when I took out my service back then, or because of the different names, is another thing, but it does work, I know that, because its been done.

Whether they will do it now i dont know.

Please use plain text.
Making Waves
Edis

Just to let anybody else know who is trying to do what im doing, it is possible.

All you have to do is call their sales department and they will make another contact for the same house.

Please use plain text.
Proof’s in the Pudding
AMD87

Edis wrote:

Just to let anybody else know who is trying to do what im doing, it is possible.

All you have to do is call their sales department and they will make another contact for the same house.

yeah do this and watch your current account get disconneted when you find someone has applied for services at your address.

Please use plain text.
Expert Opinionator
John_Hag

Hi Edis,

The other posters are correct. You can only have multiple cabled connections at the same property if they are for different households - e.g. shared housing, flats, etc. - and then only with the permission of the landlord.

Regards,
John Haggerty
Help & Support Forum Team

If someone's helped you out say thanks by clicking on the Kudos Star. If someone's solved your problem, why not mark their message as a Helpful Answer? You can also help other users find useful posts by Tagging them with keywords. Got a problem? Check for faults online with our new service status and fault checker

If you are new to the forum, please remember to search the forum before posting your question. Please don't send private messages directly to the forum team unless they ask you to, post your issue to the forum first.
Please use plain text.