cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
VirginMedia
Virgin Media Staff
Virgin Media Staff

Virgin-Media-BPA.jpgToday is a proud moment for everyone at Virgin Media as we begin a new partnership with the British Paralympic Association (BPA).

We’re getting behind our Paralympic athletes as they take to the snow and ice at the PyeongChang 2018 Winter Paralympic Games, beginning later this week, and in the run up to the Tokyo 2020 Paralympic Games

I’ve watched the incredible Paralympic team go from strength to strength. I am thrilled we have the opportunity to support these athletes so they can reach even greater heights.
Tom Mockridge, CEO

Inspiring the nation

To mark our partnership with the BPA, we’ve published new research which found Paralympians are considered to be the most fearless athletes.

It’s unsurprising when you consider their determination, strength and commitment to win.

We’re putting this attitude at the heart of our work with the BPA and want to encourage the nation to take inspiration from our Paralympic athletes to become more fearless, along with shifting attitudes towards disability in the UK.

Shifting attitudes towards disability

At Virgin Media, we celebrate and value differences. This includes working to change attitudes to disability - supporting disabled people in work and everyday life.

Our partnership with the BPA builds on our ongoing work with the charity, Scope, to help transform the lives of disabled people.

Last year we launched a ground-breaking initiative, ‘Work With Me’, to support more disabled people to get in and stay in work.

As part of this, we are funding Scope’s new employment service, ‘Support to Work’, which aims to reach one million disabled people with employment information and support by the end of 2020. Find out more here.

We are partnering with incredible organisations like Scope and the BPA to transform lives of disabled people, whether it’s on the snow or ice, in the workplace, or by shifting attitudes towards disability.

We can’t wait to see our amazing Paralympians in action; and we know everyone at Virgin Media will be cheering the team on to success in PyeongChang.