Networking and WiFi
For queries with home networking and all things WiFi
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Resolved! Wifi no longer visible on London underground

Hi all,  I noticed for the first time today that the usual virgin media WiFi network isn't there on the tube. Is this being phased out?     [MOD EDIT: Please see update on post 111 here]      

ruswit by On our wavelength
  • 141 replies
  • 1 kudos

UNDERSTANDING KEY ASPECTS OF WiFi

UNDERSTANDING KEY ASPECTS OF WiFi WiFi is a somewhat notorious, though essential commodity. In many cases, when its behaviour does not meet the user’s perception of the claims made by the ISP (e.g. Virgin Media), the blame is quickly heaped on the IS...

WiFi House Attenuation.png
Sephiroth by Alessandro Volta
  • 0 replies
  • 58 kudos

Getting a better Wireless Network Signal

Seeing so many posts about Good, Bad & ugly Wifi, I thought I would post some suggestions for people out there.   There are definitely good, midrange & poor routers with quite variable performance wifi.  Never expect a mass market product to be the b...

Wifi Spectrum Bad.png Wifi Spectrum Good.png

Hub status data - understanding network log messages

N Warning: Long, dull, a bit technical. NHaving needed to repeat myself a few times, I thought I'd share my understanding of what you might find in a Hub 3's network log when things go wrong, and what it means.  First of all, this post is based on my...

Andrew-G by Alessandro Volta
  • 15 replies
  • 37 kudos

Installed vm connect but can't find the devices

I downloaded the vm connect app mainly to try and restrict WiFi times for my children, when I look at connected devices it doesn't even show my daughters iphone and her ipad, I've got the ipads mac address and have looked through all the devices that...

juliac by Joining in
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Quick start broadband not working

Just moved and  replaced a previously owned router that was working with a hub 5 that now doesn’t work . Called and it said that quick start equip is activated and auto hangs up. Found a way of speaking to someone who says sometimes you have to wait ...

cmd1980 by Tuning in
  • 4 replies
  • 1 kudos

New Installation - No Internet

It was easy to contract Virgin Media, but almost impossible to talk to anyone to fix my problem: the modem arrived, I have installed it correctly, activated it several times, but have no internet. I have checked the cables and connections, powered it...

Omid65 by Tuning in
  • 11 replies
  • 0 kudos

Trying to get Wi-Fi pods - no joy

Hey, yet again I’ve been having a seriously hard time with VM customer support.My internet is great when we’re in our kitchen or living room, but all but 1 of our bedrooms get no Wi-Fi signal at all, just due to the shape of our house. One Wi-Fi pod ...

Hub 4 red flashing lights

SW8 6/8/23. No fault reported on website. All rebooted and still nothing…test your hub doesn’t work just “sorry try again later”. All useless to a working from home situation. Waiting for a WhatsApp agent to reply now…digging in!

Max2112 by Joining in
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos