Networking and WiFi
For queries with home networking and all things WiFi
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Resolved! Wifi no longer visible on London underground

Hi all,  I noticed for the first time today that the usual virgin media WiFi network isn't there on the tube. Is this being phased out?     [MOD EDIT: Please see update on post 111 here]      

ruswit by On our wavelength
  • 141 replies
  • 1 kudos

UNDERSTANDING KEY ASPECTS OF WiFi

UNDERSTANDING KEY ASPECTS OF WiFi WiFi is a somewhat notorious, though essential commodity. In many cases, when its behaviour does not meet the user’s perception of the claims made by the ISP (e.g. Virgin Media), the blame is quickly heaped on the IS...

WiFi House Attenuation.png
Sephiroth by Alessandro Volta
  • 0 replies
  • 58 kudos

Getting a better Wireless Network Signal

Seeing so many posts about Good, Bad & ugly Wifi, I thought I would post some suggestions for people out there.   There are definitely good, midrange & poor routers with quite variable performance wifi.  Never expect a mass market product to be the b...

Wifi Spectrum Bad.png Wifi Spectrum Good.png

Hub status data - understanding network log messages

N Warning: Long, dull, a bit technical. NHaving needed to repeat myself a few times, I thought I'd share my understanding of what you might find in a Hub 3's network log when things go wrong, and what it means.  First of all, this post is based on my...

Andrew-G by Alessandro Volta
  • 15 replies
  • 38 kudos

Inconsistent connection

I've been having constant droppages for over a month now, and if customer support asks me to reboot and reset my router one more time I'm going mad.I don't know what else to do, fiber can't come fast enough   

xicomen_0-1695847482432.png
xicomen by Joining in
  • 8 replies
  • 0 kudos

Any new deals?

HiMy current deal runs out 13/11/23I've had no communication from Virgin to advise me of the impending bill increase.Are Virgin offering any new deals for existing customers? 

Resolved! Virgin Connect App and Hub3

I had a Hub5 but it wouldn’t connect to smart devices. It did however allow me to connect to the Connect App and I could manage my children’s device usage.I now have a Hub3 which allows me to connect to the Ring doorbell and Amazon Alexa’s but the Vi...

AJ2023 by Joining in
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! No Wi-Fi on router

Hi wonder if anyone can help as I am pulling my hair out. My old router randomly looses all wi-if both on 2g and 5g connections. Multiple reboots and resets do nothing so I spend about an hour with online chat asking me to reboot the router. Sometime...

IMG_1736.jpeg
wacoe by Tuning in
  • 12 replies
  • 0 kudos

Device connecting to wifi, but no internet

We have had Virgin Media broadband for a month now and have recently started experiencing an issue with the wifi that only affects one device (a laptop). It connects to the wifi, but displays a message of "Connected, no internet". The device is also ...

How to Order Pods at Home

How can I order some of the mesh pods for home?I’m a volt customers with the wifi max element added, I’ve scanned my rooms and have a couple that have less than 30mb/s but I can’t order the pods via the app or online. Any help would be appreciated.

elkingdl by Tuning in
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos