Menu
bartlettpad
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

yet another broadband dropping out q?

A newbie to this forum so not entirely sure how this works so I apologise in advance for any dumb q? or a? .  Have joined purely because of the many problems we are having with broadband dropping out all the time. have read many of the q? & a? tried all of the solutions mentioned to no avail. 

1st Q>  does this posting of mine get logged with virgin media as being a problem on their system that is identified that I have had a problem.  (only asking this as everytime I have run 150 they have always said I havnt rung enough times to log my problem to warrant an engineer to call to resolve it.)  I don't do this as fed up with them telling me switch off switch on crawl on floor connecting or disconnecting something only for them not to find a fault.  !!! which is infuriating. 

2nd Q?> why can I not connect to 5G doesn't even show as a network available yet my 5G signal never seems to drop out.

3rd Q?> My 2g broadband constantly drops out perhaps upto 20 times a night.  so constantly turning on and off of equipment (surely this is not good !!)  

4th Q?.  have read that if I buy a router then this could quite possibly resolve this issue.  am I right in this thinking or was that just for signal strength.  as when we get a connection our signal strength is never a problem.

My list of problems with virgin broadband could go on and on as not happy about my broadband at the moment.. and I say that as although have always had one or two issues over the years never had this many as I have in recent months, oh and by the way I have moved my modem etc and done all the tricks that has been mentioned on this forum to no avail..  my modem is sat only 1.25 metres away from us with nothing interfering with it or infront of it or around it etc..  

cheers and thanks

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: yet another broadband dropping out q?

1st A> No

2nd A> If your HUB is broadcasting in the 5G range and your device cant see it, likely its not 5G capable- post the make/model we can check for you...

3rd A> have you changed teh wireless channel? Have you eliminated any sources of interference? If so, see 4th A>

4th A> no its not just signal strength. But that is a factor. There are various wireless technologies that the HUB does/does not have depending on model. But external antenna ,which any decent router will have go a long way to resolving any signal strength problems.

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Adam_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi bartlettpad, 

Thanks for letting us know that your broadband is dropping out! I apologise for any troubles incurred.

I have had a look over your connection from here and I can see that one of your upstream power levels is to high and will require an engineer to attend and investigate this further. 

I will send you a PM (purple envelope at the top) detailing what's required to proceed with making the booking. Please respond to me there and I'll get this all sorted for you.

Take care, 

Thanks, 

Adam.

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
bartlettpad
Joining in
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Just to add to this problem that i had, thanks to Adam_L and his actions in sending out an engineer which i know is like "golddust" to get hold of.. engineer came fitted a new HUB 3 and so far so good. nearly 3 weeks on now and every issue we had seems to have been resolved.. everything now connects, no drop outs. good signal.. so very happy.. just hope this continues. Must add never used this community help before, but im very happy with the level of service ive got more so than what i get sitting on the phone after using the 150 service for hours on end... so overall very happy and very impressed.. this has restored my faith in virgin considering i was thinking of moving on to pastures new after being a 19 year customer.. Thankyou Adam_L.. a great ending.. fingers crossed it continues ...