Menu
markwhit
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

wireless signal fluctuates

I have a problem with the signal strength from my superhub, it fluctuates badly now matter which channel I am on and is so weak that my neihgbour next door but one wireless signal is stronger in my house than my own, i have had to get an extender just to get reliabilty but my laptop connects better to the extender that is one floor up than it does to the superhub 8ft away, any ideas?

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: wireless signal fluctuates

Hi markwhit, 

My apologies for the problems you are facing with your home WiFi connecting. Let me see if I can sort this out for you. 

It is great to see that you have already tried changing the wireless channels so I am not going to ask you to do that again. If you can take a read of [This] pinned post and let us know if it helps you in anyway. 

If it doesn't feel free to drop a reply and we will see what we can do for you. Thanks for your patience. 

Thanks 

Mike 

0 Kudos
markwhit
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

hi Mike,

Have tried all of that, problem is that the wifi output signal is not remaining constant from the superhub causing signal dropouts and have used inSSIDer to confirm signal fluctuations.

regards

Mark

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hey Mark,

Thanks for getting back to us Smiley Happy

You mentioned your neighbours wireless network, are they on Virgin too?

Has this always been a problem for you, or has this recently started to happen?

Catch you soon,

Take care.  

Heather_J

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
markwhit
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

the problem is new, however i was using a belkin router for the wireless but removed it from the network due to impending building works which has highlighted the failings in the superhub wireless signal, my neighbour whose wifi signal i am picking up stronger than my own is nextdoor but one and cannot see any situation where I can pick up their wifi signal stronger than my own when I am less than 6ft away from the superhub unless my superhub is faulty, would also like to add that this is causing me to incur data charges on the kids phones as they have not been realising the network has dropped and are going past their allowances.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hey Mark,

Thanks for getting back to me Smiley Happy

I understand what you're saying and it does sound frustrating.

I'll drop you a PM (purple envelope, top right) so we can make arrangements for a replacement.

Speak with you soon,

Take care.

Heather_J

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos