Menu
IWANTBLUE
Tuning in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

wireless/sh2 wifi/connectoion issues for last 36hrs +

had various wifi repeatedly dropping yesterday for all of us, but my connection for laptop is wired and wasn't an issue, then played up with virtually no connection at all through last night, now had wifi connection issues(won't connect or connects but no internet or connects but drops again instantly...

sorry all a bit vague, but its been the proverbial nightmare with everyone wanting me to fix it, and then I can't even connect myself...

checked service earlier this dinner time and supposedly an issue in my area which i had the text and email saying it was fixed... connected wired but wifi hasn't played ball all night , over and over again...

Now connected hard wired again finally after repeated power offs and resets and ipconfig release/renew an all available troubleshhoters saying theres a problem but cannot fix it..   however for the last few hours i have been taking ages to even get to the superhub pages, and even now it wont bring up the connections/settings page Smiley Sad

the cjheck my line for me worked once, failed twice so now it says cant do it again till tomorrow **bleep**...  when it did work it said give us 10 minutes to fix the problem then restart everything etc... again no dice...  really fed up with the time i have spent on this whenI suspect a VM issue all along... my connection is generally rock solid

Please help a realllly frustrated fella out Smiley Sad

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: wireless/sh2 wifi/connectoion issues for last 36hrs +

Hey there IWANTBLUE,

Thanks for posting Smiley Happy

Sorry to hear about the problems with your connection. I've checked this and I can see that all of your downstream power levels are out of range. I'll need to arrange for an engineer to call around to look into this further.

I'll drop you a PM (purple envelope, top right) to arrange a visit.

Speak with you very soon,

Take care.

Heather_J

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos

All Replies
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hey there IWANTBLUE,

Thanks for posting Smiley Happy

Sorry to hear about the problems with your connection. I've checked this and I can see that all of your downstream power levels are out of range. I'll need to arrange for an engineer to call around to look into this further.

I'll drop you a PM (purple envelope, top right) to arrange a visit.

Speak with you very soon,

Take care.

Heather_J

0 Kudos
IWANTBLUE
Tuning in
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi Heather, Thanks for the replies (inc pm) 

I did eventually get a more stable connection over the following week and haven't had any complaints from me 'dependents' LOL

I had an extremely slow connection yesterday which continually dropped to eBay, but I wasn't actively using anything else at the time, and it is fine this morning.

I have just carried out an OOkla speed test and obtained good connection speed in excess of 200Mbps/11MbpsUP

[URL=http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/6154979664][IMG]http://www.speedtest.net/result/6154979664.png[/I...]

I don't currently have any wireless issues or dropping so at the current time so whilst I really appreciate your proactive offer of an engineer, I don't feel that it is neccessary at this time 

Thanks again for your replies and offer of assistance, I hadn't gotten notifications of these replies hence my tardy response.

Thanks again, Nick

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hello Nick,

Thanks for the update Smiley Happy

Good to know that your connection has improved. I really appreciate that you've kept me in the loop. Please remember where I am if there's anything else you need help with.

Thanks again,

Take care.

Heather_J

0 Kudos
IWANTBLUE
Tuning in
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi Heather ... I've taken you to your word Smiley Happy

I have had numerous wifi drops in the last couple of weeks thet are not even repaired by reboots, but multiple ones often including many other bits of equipment in desperation... on occasion I have maintained the 5ghz connection to the hardwired laptop on the network, but phones and tablets are left with no wifi and a battery flattening constant checking/connecting /failing loop.

on one occasion the router wouldn't return to a state where it was flashing and hence outputting the wifi at all. eventually, after hours I get the service back.

This added with the repeated fault code when trying to view catch-up or stored tv, and a couple of complete box lock-ups, followed by a permanently crackling phone line (I need to buy a hard wired phone to test before I can risk calling out an engineer as I couldn't afford costs )

But the issues getting much more prevalent and lasting longer are pushing me away from VM Smiley Sad

OH and I havent

t been able to log in to webmail all day either Smiley Sad just met with a blank whie screen and the pulsating grey/white dots :/

Nick

0 Kudos
IWANTBLUE
Tuning in
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: wireless/sh2 wifi/connectoion issues for last 36hrs + RINSE REPEAT.....

oK SO NEXT DAY NOW, WATCHING btSPORT MOTOGP QUALIFYING AND bANG... BLANK SCREEN...Tivo has decided to do a complete stop and reboot... eventually a few minutes later it pops up back to normal, but lost time in 3 recordings and missed watch time...

Then we notice we lost the wifi again as well... no amount of resetting individual connections would reconnect, eventually a power off of the router and I get non-internet connection followed by full connection... I'm fed up of spending 1/2hours of my time at a time having to reboot and recheck VM's services because they just break!!!!  and I still cannot connect to my webmail....

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi IWANTBLUE,

Thanks for posting back on the community and apologies that you are still having an issue with the connection.

Looking at your line, the downstream power levels are still showing as too low at -9 dBmV. As this will have an impact on your connection, I would like to book an engineer appointment to adjust these for you. I've sent you a PM (purple envelope icon, right corner) with some details for you to confirm please.

Hope to hear from you soon

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
IWANTBLUE
Tuning in
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi Sam I have another issue with the telephone line as well, (please see other post) will this engineer be able to deal with that also ? crackling on line is driving us mad...  If so I will arrange as you have suggested, Thanks Nick

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hiya IWANTBLUE,

Thanks for getting back to me.

In regards to the crackling on the line, the engineer can check both the broadband and the line on the same day.

Hope that helps

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos