Menu
joolyk
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

wireless not seeing router when logging on so selecting local 169 ip address=not connecting

I have to re-configure the IP address every time I log on - how do I get around this? Cannot get any sense from you 'fault desk'

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: wireless not seeing router when logging on so selecting local 169 ip address=not connecting

Hi joolyk,

I'll see what we can do to help with this.

The 169 ip is Windows default for when a local IP has not been allocated. There could be any number of reasons why your device is failing to get an IP. So I'll need to ask a few questions if you don't mind, to see if we can narrow this down:

• What device are you encountering this problem on?
  • Are any other devices affected?
  • What error message is returned when your device fails to connect?

Please try changing the wireless channel to see if that helps, though you'll need to do this via a device that has an active connection to the router.
You may also wish to try restoring your Hub back to factory settings.

I'll await your reply so I can decide what we need to do next Smiley Happy

Jen
Forum Team

0 Kudos
joolyk
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: wireless not seeing router when logging on so selecting local 169 ip address=not connecting

I think my issue has been part of a broader problem...see the following link http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-38301548 Microsoft are working on a fix. I have been able to access the internet OK for the last few days so wonder if this is now resolved?

Anyway, in answer to your questions:

I am using a laptop but can access fine from my mobile phone.

The error message was that the IP address was not recognised.

0 Kudos