Menu
joshy
Tuning in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

wired connection

I had full package installed a week ago, wired connection to downstairs desktop and wired connection to upstairs desktop, 3 days ago I lost the wired connection to upstairs and it is now on wireless, when I go to set up  an Ethernet connection on upstairs desktop it just says no Ethernet cable connected, I have replaced the cable with a new one but still no joy, I have also reset the s/hub 3 without any joy, can any one help  with this issue.

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: wired connection

try another port on the SH. you said you have 2 wired PC try the cable of the upstairs in the port the downstairs one is using on the SH. if that fails its the cable (maybe you have another bad) or the pc network card maybe
0 Kudos
joshy
Tuning in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

apcyberax 

Thanks for your reply, I tried what you said and I got a wired reading of 219mb on my other desktop from downstairs on the upstairs Ethernet, I switched everything back and now the upstairs desktop is getting the same reading, Very strange, But I'm happy it has gone back to wired at 219mb.

0 Kudos

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

try another port on the SH. you said you have 2 wired PC try the cable of the upstairs in the port the downstairs one is using on the SH. if that fails its the cable (maybe you have another bad) or the pc network card maybe
0 Kudos
joshy
Tuning in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

apcyberax 

Thanks for your reply, I tried what you said and I got a wired reading of 219mb on my other desktop from downstairs on the upstairs Ethernet, I switched everything back and now the upstairs desktop is getting the same reading, Very strange, But I'm happy it has gone back to wired at 219mb.

0 Kudos