Menu
lilylily
Just joined
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

wired connection between router and laptop

I'm embarrassed to ask this, but it's been such a long time since I did not use wifi!

I need to transfer some big files and suspect that a wired connection will do it much faster than wifi. But I cannot remember how to connect my laptop to the router!!!! It has 3 ethernet ports but I seem to have lost all my old ethernet cables. Is there another way to do it?

Can't find anything in the help pages on this.

thanks

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: wired connection between router and laptop

buy a ethernet cable form almost any Computer shop and just connect from the network port on the PC to the router. Thats all you need to do
0 Kudos
eggfriedcheese
Dialled in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: wired connection between router and laptop

Hey lilylily,

Yes, you will require an ethernet cable to connect your laptop directly to the superhub. There is no other way that this can be done.

If you have lost your ethernet cables, you can purchase a basic one from poundland for like 5 metres. They will do as good of a job as the same from pc world etc.

And there's no need to be embarrassed, as silly as questions sound, it's always worth asking. You never know it may be beneficial Smiley Happy
Dan
Views expressed are solely my own, and do not reflect on Virgin Media directly
If however you feel that my answer is helpful or informative, please click the kudos button below!
0 Kudos