Menu
atree
Just joined
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

windows phone won't connect

Hi

My husband's windows phone (OS version 8) finds the network of my new Hub 3.0 but when the password is entered won't connect. I have no problems with my iphone and Mac laptop. His old ipod wont connect either.

It doesn't seem possible to forget a network on his phone if it hasn't been joined so that isn't a solution. Is this a security settings on his phone thing? Hes never had a problem connecting to any other wifi network before...

thanks v much

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: windows phone won't connect

hiya @atree welcome to the virginmedia community forum, sometimes you need to tweak the hubs wifi by splitting up the 2.4ghz and 5ghz network into separate networks, to do this if you goto http://192.168.0.1 login details are on the sticker on hub, and if you goto wireless settings and give the 2.4ghz and 5ghz different names apply/save, this will make all devices currently using the wifi disconnect and just need to reconnect to the new name..
hope this helps
----------------------------------------------------------
If someone's helped you out say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up. If someone's solved your problem, why not mark their message as an Accepted Solution
0 Kudos