Menu
jimib111
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

wifi signal problems

Hi

I have had problems with all my wireless devices connecting for the past 2 days. At first the problem was infrequent but last night all of them (both apple and android) were giving the status connected no internet. all wired connections are working perfectly.

I have never had this problem before and could always get a strong signal throughout my property, which is detached so interference from other peoples wifi shouldn't be an issue.

I tried switching the channel which didn't work.

only switching to 5gz seems to have helped for now.

Here are the screen shots of my router status to see if you can spot any issues.

Screen Shot 2017-07-17 at 07.54.39.pngScreen Shot 2017-07-17 at 07.55.10.png

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Bramwelt
Tuning in
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: wifi signal problems

Hi there

had this problem and went through more phone calls than I can remember. Virgin will not send anyone out to look at wifi problems as they do not guarantee a wifi signal only a connection. Yeh I know I had the same thought when I was talking to the complaints department. So basically any wifi problems are up to you. I am a certified Cisco engineer and I couldn't get the super hub3 to work properly, it  ok for about a week with quite slow speeds considering I'm on a 200mb line then the problems you are experiencing came.

so what did I do?

bought a of the shelf router put the vsh3 in modem mode. Now can connect all devices at 150mb wifi 200mb hard wire. No drop outs fast speed, not ideal as had to pay for a router but it's worked.  Virgin don't do wifi, quote from complaints department . Good luck 

bramwelt

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi jimib111, 

Thanks for getting in touch, apologies for the trouble with your WiFi.

I have taken a look and it seems you are affected by fault ref F005469788 for SNR and FECS (noise on the line) which is likely to be the cause of the WiFi issues. 

The current review date is 01 AUG 2017, I will keep an eye on this for you and let you know as soon as i know more. 

All the best

Emma

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

All Replies
Bramwelt
Tuning in
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi there

had this problem and went through more phone calls than I can remember. Virgin will not send anyone out to look at wifi problems as they do not guarantee a wifi signal only a connection. Yeh I know I had the same thought when I was talking to the complaints department. So basically any wifi problems are up to you. I am a certified Cisco engineer and I couldn't get the super hub3 to work properly, it  ok for about a week with quite slow speeds considering I'm on a 200mb line then the problems you are experiencing came.

so what did I do?

bought a of the shelf router put the vsh3 in modem mode. Now can connect all devices at 150mb wifi 200mb hard wire. No drop outs fast speed, not ideal as had to pay for a router but it's worked.  Virgin don't do wifi, quote from complaints department . Good luck 

bramwelt

jimib111
Tuning in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Bramwelt, Strangely the problem is on a super hub 1 which has always worked fine until now.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi jimib111, 

Thanks for getting in touch, apologies for the trouble with your WiFi.

I have taken a look and it seems you are affected by fault ref F005469788 for SNR and FECS (noise on the line) which is likely to be the cause of the WiFi issues. 

The current review date is 01 AUG 2017, I will keep an eye on this for you and let you know as soon as i know more. 

All the best

Emma

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi jimib111, 

Just a quick update fault ref F005469788  was resolved unfortunately there has been an issue in the exchange and more work is now required ref F005481947 so you may find the service continues to be intermittent. 

I will keep an eye on this also and let you know as soon as I know more. 

The current review date is 07/08/2017. 

Speak to you soon. 

Emma

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi jimib111, 

Just a quick update fault ref F005481947 has now been resolved. 

Fingers crossed things are looking better for you now. 

If you need us to take a further look or you are still having trouble let us know and we will always be happy to help out. 

All the best

Emma

0 Kudos