Menu
drofgoms
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

wifi problem

My son plays on his xbox one using the 5G on the super hub 2 and complains daily to us that he looses connection when playing his games with his friends. As I am on the 200 mbs I would of thought that that losing communication would be a thing of the past. We do have a TP link connection running from the modem and he has one in his bedroom but he says that its slow when he has the TP link connected. When we spoke to virginmedia they talk us through altering the settings on the modem but this did not really fix the problem.Can anyone help me with this.

0 Kudos
stevedh2
Knows their stuff
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: wifi problem

5G is bad at penetrating walls and has pretty short range compared to 2.4G, if you use a wifi scanner what sort of signal strength does he get in his room?

What TP Link connection is it, I presume its a powerlink adaptor, it might be worth getting a better quality one.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hey there drofgoms,

Welcome to the community Smiley Very Happy

Sorry to hear about the trouble you're having with your wireless connection, I appreciate this is frustrating. I'd like to enquire about the TP Link devices you mentioned, is this a Power Line Adapter or a Wireless Repeater? If it's a wireless repeater, you mind find that a set of Power Lines work better as your Son can then hard-wired his Xbox for a more stable and secure network.

Please get back to us so we can continue to investigate.

Take care.

Heather_J

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
drofgoms
Joining in
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

I now have TP link 600 Upstairs and downstairs, so far we have had no moods. Hopefully we have done it

0 Kudos