Menu
scoob8254
Joining in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

wifi poor performance after few hours usage

hi, I'm wondering if anybody can help,

I have a super hub which was fine for a long time, but for the last few years the wifi seems to be getting worse, after 5 or 6 hours usage it can slow to a crawl, and sometimes become totally unresponsive, any wired devices are not affected. so I'm guessing its just a wifi problem, a router reboot always fixes the problem,

I have been promised a replacement twice , after bringing up the problems during my last two renewals, but ive given up trying to actually get a replacement as both times they weren't ordered and ringing customer services is useless as they just take the opportunity, to tell me the router is fine and I need more internet speed. ie upgrade

it used to be after a few days, so to combat this I plugged it into a timer, so would automatically get restarted every morning at 5am, but lately it has started becoming more regular.

what ive tried.

turned off 5ghz wifi (this fixed the problem for quite a while, although was a pain as 5ghz wifi is so much better)

factory reset loads of times

router gets rebooted every morning at 5am by a timer (solved the problem for a long time , but like I said, I'm starting to have to reboot through the day now as well)

just wondering if there is anything else I can try to get  constantly usable wifi connection, I don't want to be having to reboot the router through the day like I am doing anymore

thanks

0 Kudos
Dave_cq
Trouble shooter
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: wifi poor performance after few hours usage

Have you tried changing your Wi-Fi channel?  .... video tutorial at top of this forum board.

********* SuperHub 2ac - Asus rt-ac68u Router - Vivid 100Mbps **********

Electron
0 Kudos
scoob8254
Joining in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

no, but I did look into it. and I'm willing to give it a go

the only reason I didn't bother is, I installed an app called Wifi Analyzer onto my phone to check if the router was using a good channel, as the router is currently set to automatic, I think its using channel 6 atm, the app suggested I was using the best channel anyway, given the channels routers and devices in my area where using

0 Kudos
scoob8254
Joining in
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

had a quick look at Wifi Analyzer again and changed my wifi channel to 1, ill give this a go and see what happens

0 Kudos
scoob8254
Joining in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Quick update, happened again last night around midnight, reboot fixed it as usual, I'll try another channel tonight,

One thing I forgot to mention, when it does do it, the routers admin web pages are extremely slow and sluggish even from a wired device,
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hey scoob8254,

Thanks for posting Smiley Very Happy

Sorry to hear about your wireless connection problems. We might need to try a few channels to find the one that performs best in your area. When you scan your area do you see lots of networks around you?

Catch up with you soon,

Take care.

Heather_J

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
scoob8254
Joining in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi, ive given up with it lol, cheers anyway

I used to use an old sky router as wireless access point, I only stopped using it due to trying to cut down on the amount of devices I had plugged in, anyway going to dig it out, when I get time over the weekend and use that again,

thanks everybody anyway
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hey scoob8254,

Thanks for the update Smiley Happy

Sometimes a 3rd party router is a good option, I hope this helps for you.

Please let us know if there's anything else we can help with here.

Thanks again,

Take care.

Heather_J

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos