Menu
shaunj
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

wifi dropping

my wifi is constantly dropping connection even tho showing connected on all of our tablets phones ect. yet wired is still working done all of the usual hard reset ect
HELP
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: wifi dropping

Wireless reception is affected by many factors like Range, Client hardware, the Topograpyof your home, and the big killer, Wireless interference.

First of all, I would ensure the Hub is placed in a central, open position, away from obstacles and electrical devices.

You could try changing the wireless channel manually. Downloading a wireless scanner like InSSIDer  for Windows or WiFiAnalyser for Android would help by showing you the surrounding wireless networks, the channels they are broadcasting on, and their signal strengths, so you can select the best wireless channel.

Setting the Hub's radio setting to 300Mbps (or 40Mhz channel) is not advised on the 2.4GH band as it takes up over half of the available spectrum, making it prone to wireless interference..

I would also check for other sources of wireless interference such as A\V streaming devices, Baby monitors, Chordless phones, Microwave ovens, Plasma TVs, Security systems, etc.

Using the wider, usually less congested 5Ghz band could help, if your client devices support it.

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Adam_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: wifi dropping

Hi shaunj, 

Thanks for posting! I am sorry to hear that your Wi-Fi connection has been dropping, this must be annoying so apologies for any troubles.

I have tested things from here and I can't see anything out of the ordinary! No errors or time outs inside the logs and all of the power levels are within the preferred ranges.

Are you still having these issues? If so, please respond to me here with a recent copy of your Hubs logs for me to compare with the data we have here. You can find these by opening your internet browser and typing 192.168.0.1 into the address bar, before logging in, it will say 'Router Status' in the top right hand corner, click there and all the information needed is inside.

I look forward to your reply, 

Thanks, 

Adam.

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos