Menu
trotsky1962
Tuning in
Message 1 of 17
Flag for a moderator

wifi drop 2g signal

Looking on here this seems a ongoing problem but i thought i would join in with my problem. For no reason 2g drops off, light disappears on super hub2 box. Only way to cure is a reset. This sometimes happens during night when no one is using wifi. sometimes it can be everyday sometimes more

So frustrating but lets hope someone has a answer.

New to this forum so lets hope for a result

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 17
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: wifi drop 2g signal

Hi trotsky1962,

Apologies for your odd wireless issue. Perhaps your Hub needs replacing? If so then I'll be happy to do that for you. Firstly though would you please restore your Hub back to factory default settings and let me know if that helps? If not I'll get a new one sent out.

Smiley Happy

Jen
Forum Team

0 Kudos

All Replies
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 17
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi trotsky1962,

Apologies for your odd wireless issue. Perhaps your Hub needs replacing? If so then I'll be happy to do that for you. Firstly though would you please restore your Hub back to factory default settings and let me know if that helps? If not I'll get a new one sent out.

Smiley Happy

Jen
Forum Team

0 Kudos
trotsky1962
Tuning in
Message 3 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Hi Jen

Thanks for reply i tried reset as you requested and unfortunately it has not fixed problem.

regards

Tony

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Hello Tony,

Thanks for getting back to us Smiley Happy

Sorry to hear a reset hasn't helped. Please confirm your name and delivery address via PM and I'll replace your equipment.

Thanks again,

Take care.

Heather_J

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
trotsky1962
Tuning in
Message 5 of 17
Flag for a moderator

hi heather

new hub 3 arrived today and all fitted and working

i have one problem and looking on forum a common one

my wifi green light keeps flashing

have you any idea how to solve

regards

tony

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 6 of 17
Flag for a moderator

The flashing wifi light is a bug with the hub 3. If you search "flashing" on the forums all will become clear. Virgin might fix it at some point with a software update but don't hold your breath.

Dave.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Hey Tony,

Good to hear from you again Smiley Happy

How are you finding the performance of your new Hub?

The flashing light fault is something we're aware of and as mentioned, we're hoping to have a fix for this in the near future.

Let me know if you need me to help with anything else.

Take care.

Heather_J

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
timjelly
Joining in
Message 8 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Hello,

I am also having this issue, my 2G signal is pretty much non existent on multiple devices I have tried.  I have changed the WIFI channel to see if that makes any difference but it doesnt.  Ive made sure that nothing is interfering with the Superhub 2 router, still no change.  Ive had web chats with technical support and have done everything they suggested, I have also called the technical support and was told that its quite normal to have signal interference, i dont agree that i should get interference when i am sat only a couple of feet away from the router.

I asked if I could be upgraded to a SuperHub3 but I was told that I would have the same problem.  was then told my only options were to change the channels to find one that works (i have done that), to deal with the issue like everyone else does or to go and buy an aftermarket router and put the Superhub2 into modem mode.  If I wasnt paying Virgin £75 a month for TV and broadband I would probably consider this, but I feel that I am being fobbed off.

I have been a loyal broadband customer for a few years now and feel thoroughly let down.

I hope something can be done to resolve this

Tim

0 Kudos
trotsky1962
Tuning in
Message 9 of 17
Flag for a moderator

hi timjelly

just to let you know since virgin gave me a superhub3  I've had no more issues with 2g dropping out.

my advice is keep complaining or try messaging one of the virgin staff on this thread that helped me.

good luck

timjelly
Joining in
Message 10 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Can a member of staff have a look into ly issue please. No point starting a new thread when i have the same issue as the people above.

Thanks
0 Kudos