Menu
philpotty
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

wi-fi not showing on I-mac

My broadband went down this morning and Virgin couldnt fix over the phone so organised a engineer visit in two weeks.I left my hub switched off for a hour or two and then tried again and the broadban lights stayed steady and Ive had broadband ok ever since [about 5 hours]Despite 3 hours on phone my mac doesnt show my hub when i drop down menu on wi-fi so I cant connect my apple tv boxes to my mac.Virgin tried every way but they couldnt get any response regarding the hub showing up on my wi-fi list so have rebooked a engineer in 2 weeks time.

Not really a prob but my wife who is disabled and virtually bed bound relies on the apple tv so anyone with a idea would be great..and make my life more peaceful

thanks phil

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: wi-fi not showing on I-mac

Hi Phil,

Thanks for posting, welcome to the community Smiley Very Happy

Sorry to hear about the wireless problems you're having, I appreciate this is frustrating.

Have you tried changing the operating wireless channel yet? Often this will help with wireless range or performance issues. You can find help on how to do that on our help article - Changing the Virgin Media router's wireless channel / frequency

Please let us know if this helps, if not we will do everything we can to get you back up and running.

Catch you soon,

Take care.

Heather_J

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
philpotty
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thankyou for your reply I've checked the link you sent but found it very difficult to navigate but I gleaned info about changing channel and it didnt seem to work but that could have been me

thanks for the info tho

0 Kudos
philpotty
Joining in
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Ive sorted issue out instead of showing phil5g and phil 2g on drop down list for some reason it changed to vm and ssid number once I worked this out and logged onto vm numbers I now have wi-fi

thanks for ideas and help given

0 Kudos