Menu
shalton
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

wi-fi keeps dropping out (new customer)

Hello,

Customer for a few weeks.

Our wi-fi keeps dropping out. I got to the stage, on the main computer/laptop, were I left the page open for repairing the connection in "windows".

Now I have given up trying to use the wi-fi with this main laptop altogether. I know have it permanently connected. This obviously isn't acceptable.

I have tried various suggested things to try and resolve this problem - but nothing helps.

I suffer from a bad back and so things like this causes a rise in stress and because of this an increase in pain. This is why I keep putting of trying to resolve this issue.

When the line was installed the engineer mentioned that the upload speed was a bit low, but quickly said "but you download speed is good, it will be ok".

Please help.

Thank you, Steven

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: wi-fi keeps dropping out (new customer)

Hi Steven,

Welcome to the community and thanks for posting.

My apologies you are experiencing issues with the wireless connection. I can imagine how frustrating this must be and would like to help as much as I can.

I've taken a look at your connection, the line and hub have come back as fine. The network segment is running stable which is good.

Do you only have this issue on the laptop? Are other devices working ok on the wireless?

When the wireless drops connection, does it still show as connected on the device?

Let me know how you get on

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
shalton
Joining in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hello,
Thank you for the reply.
Since it is the laptop that i mainly use, it is this were i experience the problem the most. We have noticed it doing it on other devices though.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Morning shalton,

Thanks for getting back to me.

If you are noticing an issue with the wireless on other devices, this could be due to interference within the home. You can try to change the wireless channel to see if that will improve the connection.

Speak soon

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
shalton
Joining in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

That was the first thing i tried quite a while ago.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hello shalton,

Thanks for getting back to us Smiley Happy

If your home is a poor wireless environment, you might need to change the channel a few times to find the best one, you might also need to change it frequently if there's many conflicting devices around you. Have you tried a wireless network scanner to help you identify the best channel?

Speak with you soon,

Take care.

Heather_J

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
shalton
Joining in
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hello, I will have a fiddle when i get some time.

Thankyou

0 Kudos