Menu
jmashcroft
Tuning in
Message 1 of 29
Flag for a moderator

why has my wifi stopped working but broadband works when wired connection

my wifi has stopped working, the hub works when there is a wired connection yet it wont give out a wifi signal. i have had messages saying my account settings are out of date but when i click on them nothing happens. any advice would be gratefully recieved. this is not my computer or broadband but trying to fix it for a friend .

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
jmashcroft
Tuning in
Message 7 of 29
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: why has my wifi stopped working but broadband works when wired connection

I have previously done this but made no difference, I have tried again and we shall see.
0 Kudos

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 29
Flag for a moderator

hiya @jmashcroft would need to know what lights are on the hub, is this on a PC/laptop?, does it pick up any other wifi connections?
----------------------------------------------------------
If someone's helped you out say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up. If someone's solved your problem, why not mark their message as an Accepted Solution
jmashcroft
Tuning in
Message 3 of 29
Flag for a moderator

I am on a desktop plugged into the router there is just one blue light on, the WiFi light isn't on. It connects on to the Internet when wired into the router but when trying to connect phones or tablets there is no WiFi signal found. I've reset it and tried everything within my knowledge
0 Kudos
stevedh2
Knows their stuff
Message 4 of 29
Flag for a moderator

When you look at wifi on your phone, can you not see the hubs SSID at all ?

If you switch the route off then on again, does the wifi light flash at all?

Has anyone logged onto the router recently and played with any settings?

jmashcroft
Tuning in
Message 5 of 29
Flag for a moderator

No one has logged in as far as I am aware. And no can't find the WiFi at all to even try and connect and all these devices had the WiFi saved.
When I switch it off and on all the blue lights are on for a few seconds then the middle blue then green then the top one flashes blue then goes in between being on constant and flashing.the WiFi light doesn't come on at all.
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 6 of 29
Flag for a moderator

best idea would be to reset the virginmedia hub -> https://help.virginmedia.com/system/templates/selfservice/vm/help/customer/locale/en-GB/portal/20030...
----------------------------------------------------------
If someone's helped you out say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up. If someone's solved your problem, why not mark their message as an Accepted Solution
jmashcroft
Tuning in
Message 7 of 29
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

I have previously done this but made no difference, I have tried again and we shall see.
0 Kudos
Rusty55
On our wavelength
Message 8 of 29
Flag for a moderator

I'm having the same issue in L35. They said there is an ongoing issue in the area but as usual aren't that bothered trying to sort it out. So long as they have your money eh? We pay an extortionate amount for VM Services, they really should compensate the customer when things like this happen.
helper741
Joining in
Message 9 of 29
Flag for a moderator

I have been having exactly the same problem this week.

Tried resetting the hub multiple times and running the online test without success.

I would be interested to know if you found a solution. I think it's probably a fault with the hub itself.
0 Kudos
meggie23
Tuning in
Message 10 of 29
Flag for a moderator

I am following this as I will be interested in seeing a reply. I am having the same problem with my 3.0 hub. I have an internet connection (wired) but have had no wi-fi for 2 days. Even when my devices show there is a wi-fi connection I cannot use the internet on them. I have re-booted and re-set my 3.0 hub but no difference. If there is a general problem with either the hubs or the signal then we should be told.

0 Kudos