Menu
joemurdoch
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

using asus dsl-N55U as router and superhub as modem

Hi, i currently have it this setup with the superhub in modem mode and an ethernet cable running from the hub to the asus router and is connected into port 1. 

i have set the asus router to dual wan mode and wan type as LAN , it is running and have internet connection although its only 2,3 dl speed and is flakey.

is it because its a WAN ? am i doing this right ? 

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: using asus dsl-N55U as router and superhub as modem

hiya @joemurdoch since that router was designed for ADSL aka broadband via the telephone line, should be getting much higher speeds, but should be getting good speeds using a Ethernet port.

best idea would be to do a direct connection from hub to PC/laptop, reboot the hub and see if you speed increases... also adviseable to run a check on the signal levels if you could goto http://192.168.100.1 clicking router status top right [no need to login] and if could copy/paste the downstream, upstream, network log (don't worry about formatting we can easily read it)
----------------------------------------------------------
If someone's helped you out say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up. If someone's solved your problem, why not mark their message as an Accepted Solution
0 Kudos
joemurdoch
Joining in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

i have a cable that is ethernet to phoneline (Rj45 to Rj11) could i use this from HUB port 1 in modem mode into the phoneline input on the asus router ?

pic 1.pngpic 2.PNGpic3.PNG

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

using (Rj45 to Rj11) might cause even slower connection but cant hurt to test it.. if the WAN connection support dhcp on WAN port. rather than pppoe etc.
If someone's helped you out say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up. If someone's solved your problem, why not mark their message as an Accepted Solution
0 Kudos
joemurdoch
Joining in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

just says no phone line connected and theres no internet with Rj45 to 11 cable , so back using ethernet any ideas ?pic 4.PNG

0 Kudos
joemurdoch
Joining in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

it goes from like 70dl to 1dl :/

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

from 70dl to 1dl?? you talking the broadband speed from 70mbps to 1mpbs?, is this doing a direct wired connection?
0 Kudos