Menu
SomeRandomKing
Tuning in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

terrible internet problems

Since about mid January been getting absolutely terrible internet I did get a email stating work on some cables would be finish on the 17th January, but despite it working perfectly before then this is the day that problems started.

Mainly wifi problems, wired connections working but wifi devices not, the devices in question will change from my phone, girlfriends phone, laptop 1, laptop 2, wifi extender, smart home appliances.

Now its working for my laptop but not my phone and ive had just about enough of it choosing what to work with when it wants too.

0 Kudos
stevedh2
Knows their stuff
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: terrible internet problems

Hi, if wired devices work and wifi doesn't then its not an internet problem but a Wifi problem.

1st grab yourself a wifi scanner app for your phone and see how much wifi interference your getting from your neighbours.

Also do you have any baby monitors or other things that could be interfering with your wifi.

Also wifi extenders if its  wifi repeater are a good way for messing up wifi networks. try switching it off and seeing if things near the hub improve.

Also if you have set the bandwidth to 40Mhz reduce it to 20Mhz as the wider band is more prone to interference.

And remember wifi is shared by all the devices that connect to it and basically they all very quickly take it in turns

also have you tried switching the hub off and on.

Good luck

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: terrible internet problems

Hi SomeRandomKing,

Welcome to the Community!

Really sorry to hear you're having trouble with your connection.

I've run diagnostics on your equipment and I can see an issue with your Downstream Power levels that will need to be adjusted. I've sent you a private message (purple envelope at the top right of your screen) so I can arrange an appointment.

Speak soon Smiley Very Happy

Josh

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos