Menu
quovadisuk
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

switched virgin router to modem only , now cant access router to switch back on ?

Putting another dlink router in from tof the virgin box , set the box to be modem only , but need to turn it back on again ... I have a connection via LAN , but 192.168.0.1 does not take me back to the router anymore ...any suggestions ?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: switched virgin router to modem only , now cant access router to switch back on ?

Try 192.168.100.1

0 Kudos
Quovadis
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: switched virgin router to modem only , now cant access router to switch back on ?

Thanks for that no switched back ok .... when I put the dlink in front of the modem ensuring the lan cables are in the correct ports the dlink says I am not connected ??   the cable from the virgin modem works fine as I can plug in to lap top to get a connection ... any ideas at all ? its a dlink DIR 605L   I am only doing this as a pan tilt wireless IP camera wont set up ddns on the virgin box 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hello quovadisuk,

Thanks for posting Smiley Happy

Sorry that you're struggling to get your Hub back into router mode. Try doing a factory reset and let us know if this helps.

Take care.

Heather_J

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
legacy1
Hero
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

The DIR 605L is old and only has 100Mb ports.

When the hub is in modem mode power off for 2mins and when the DIR 605L connected to the right ports power on. If this should not work you can connect a PC or laptop by wire when in modem mode and getting internet to copy its MAC over to the DIR 605L and conect that in place of your PC or laptop. Should the above fail problem is down to the DIR 605L if its old.

0 Kudos