Menu
bradleyharris89
Just joined
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

superhub2 Amber light ethernet port

hi , im having problems with my superhub2 , i haven't had it a month and its caused nothing but problems so far. when i connect any device to the superhub via Ethernet cable the light on the back stays amber except for my ps4 that has a green light which is odd. here are a few examples ,

1.i had people over at house , my friend brought a tv box to mine so we could watch boxing , plugged it in and nothing , it didnt work and the light was amber.

2. i plug my laptop in and the light remains amber

3. my powerline adaptors also only light up Amber !

now i never had any of these above problems before when i was with talktalk and only getting 8mbs ! ( except for if too many devices where connected to the wifi )my wifi seems to be working ok. i want this sorting ASAP or ill just cancel my contact , my first bill is £65 , no way should i be having any problems when paying that amount of money.

thank you

(p.s why dont virgin have a live chat for these problems ? instead of having to pay to call to fix an issue )

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: superhub2 Amber light ethernet port

hiya @bradleyharris89 A green light indicates a network connection of 1,000Mbps, while an amber light indicates a network connection of 100Mbps, since your PS4 with have a gigabyte Ethernet port and the older devices if old will just have a 100mbps port.. with your laptop how old is it?

as for live chat there is via http://contact.virginmedia.com (using a PC/laptop) but its rather busy service, so might take awhile for agent to be available
----------------------------------------------------------
If someone's helped you out say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up. If someone's solved your problem, why not mark their message as an Accepted Solution
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi there bradleyharris89,

Really very sorry to hear about the issues experienced.

I've had a look at your account and I am unable to detect any issues with either the equipment or network at present.

Has your connection improved since posting?

Many thanks,

Nat_J

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
ColinJarvis
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi I have had my Superhub2 for about 5 years and just tried using the ports for an IP Camera - I get a green and amber connection on the camera but only an amber light on the router.

I then try connecting the camera but cant get a connection - Does the lack of a green light on the router mean that the ports are faulty?

Kind regards

Colin

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Sorry to hear about the trouble experienced Colin,

I've checked things for you from this end and there does appear to be some faults detected via your equipment levels.

I've sent you a private message so that we can arrange for an engineer to come out for this,

Nat_J

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos