Menu
Joining in
Message 1 of 11 (9,340 Views)

superhub 3.0 incorrect password

I can't access my router settings due to the password being incorrect. I know for sure the password is correct as I have used it to access wifi for phones and laptop.   

0 Kudos
Superuser
Message 2 of 11 (9,335 Views)

Re: superhub 3.0 incorrect password

robert72 wrote:

I can't access my router settings due to the password being incorrect. I know for sure the password is correct as I have used it to access wifi for phones and laptop.   

The password used to connect to the WiFi is not the one used to login in to the router settings. If you can't remember what you set it to when you went through the hub's setup process after getting it, pin hole reset it. Step two should be done for 60 seconds rather than 20, just to ensure the process happens.

- - - - - -
Any opinions expressed by myself are my own and do not represent Virgin Media in any way.
0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 3 of 11 (9,316 Views)

I'am using the password provided on bottom of the router. This is the only password  I have.

This is a brand new router 1st time using.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Message 4 of 11 (9,311 Views)

[ Edited ]

robert72 wrote:

I'am using the password provided on bottom of the router. This is the only password  I have.

This is a brand new router 1st time using.

There's multiple passwords listed on the label on the base of the hub there is the 'WiFi Password' (for connecting WiFi devices), other details and the 'Settings password'.The 'settings password' (a string of numbers) is the one to use when setting up the hub for the first time. If you've never logged in before, it will take you to a page asking you choose your preferred language and for the 'settings password'. It will then prompt you to enter a custom password which must meet the security criteria it lists. Do so. Then login with that. That custom password will be what you use to access router settings. Note it down somewhere in case you forget it.

If it is just taking you straight to a login screen when trying to access the router settings, then a custom password is already configured on the hub for router settings access. If you don't know what it is, do the pin hole reset I mentioned above and then the stuff mentioned in this start of this message. it will get you into the router settings.

- - - - - -
Any opinions expressed by myself are my own and do not represent Virgin Media in any way.
0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 5 of 11 (9,303 Views)

Thanks for your help. I will try.
0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 6 of 11 (9,178 Views)

[ Edited ]

Sorry to bump a thread, but I had the same problem so it seems logical to reply here.

In our case, it turned out the password written on the bottom was not correct.

We phoned Virgin, and the technical guy we spoke to on the phone suggested that unless otherwise specified the 8 digit character passcode (Just numbers) should be correct, so to anybody experiencing the same problem, do try that first, however.

Also try;
" Changeme1 "

(With capital letter) which did solve it for us.

EDIT: I can't at this stage determine whether the change from the 8 digits to a 'generic password' was triggered by doing the pinhole reset described in a previous post, so please try all possible variations of password, numeric or otherwise, before doing the reset, to avoid resetting settings etc unecessarily, as it may be possible to hit on the right variation before resettting.

Its just frustrating that Virgin have not bothered to suggest to anybody that the Hub password by default may not be correct.

0 Kudos
Tuning in
Message 7 of 11 (6,080 Views)

I have tried to access my hub 3.0 settings with the 8 digit password on the bottom of the hub but it won't let me in, it keeps saying "incorrect password" i have definitely typed it in correct and have never changed the password? Any ideas?  

0 Kudos
Superuser
Message 8 of 11 (6,075 Views)

bantambouncer wrote:

I have tried to access my hub 3.0 settings with the 8 digit password on the bottom of the hub but it won't let me in, it keeps saying "incorrect password" i have definitely typed it in correct and have never changed the password? Any ideas?  

Can you clarify something? Are you trying to enter the 8 digit pin at this screen?:

PW.jpg

Because if you're it is not going to work. The PIN can only be used during the initial hub setup, during which you define a CUSTOM P/W. So if you're seeing that screen, you've completed the hub setup and have your own custom P/W setup. You would have to pinhole reset to get the hub config erased and be able to do the setup process again.

- - - - - -
0 Kudos
Tuning in
Message 9 of 11 (6,070 Views)

Yes, ok thanks, i'm going to try a reset :-)
Joining in
Message 10 of 11 (1,413 Views)

[ Edited ]

I'm having the same problem.  I know my password because I wrote it down when it was set during the installation.  And yet it's not working.  If I have changed it, I would've changed it to another password which I use all the time.  And yet they're not working either.  The password on the bottom of the router doesn't work and nor does the one suggested in this thread.

It's frankly bizarre but I guess the only option is to reset!

EDIT: And, yes, it's the admin password that I'm using and not the wifi password!

0 Kudos