Menu
sonar69
Tuning in
Message 1 of 15
Flag for a moderator

superhub 2 possibly died this morning

Hmm ok I came down this morning and had no lights on the hub...there is power going in but when you switch off...wait a few mins...switch back on..the power light glows red for a brief moment before going out...no other lights ..the entire tower is in darkness. ..I will look at lunchtime. ..there are issues in th GU area but this seems internal to the hub
0 Kudos
sonar69
Tuning in
Message 2 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Re: superhub 2 possibly died this morning

ok so this is very odd....this morning the hub was dead....only a miilisecond flash of light of red on the on-off led....was dead all morning,left out of mains for a couple of hours....used different wall sockets.....still nothing.....phoned VM at lunch....they confirmed dead signal readings and ordered a new hub........left the old one plugged in......20 mins ago all the lights lit up....it went through its start-up as normal and is now working.....what the hell?.....iv never seen this before,im a bench test engineer by trade,and have seen hundreds of products where the internal transformer has broken down......quite baffeled...anyway,I cant now cancel the S/HUB order so do I have to phone  VM for "return package" details...or does any VM mod on here have any return details.

cheers

0 Kudos
sonar69
Tuning in
Message 3 of 15
Flag for a moderator

UPDATE.....2 mins after posting my last post,i lost connection....walked over to the hub....all gone dark....unplugged again,waited a few mins....plugged in.....nothing.....tried this for 15 mins....gave up and left it plugged in.....came back to life a couple of mins ago.....the bloody things possessed!!!.....I think I will swap it out when the new one comes and send this back because somethings not correct here.

0 Kudos
sonar69
Tuning in
Message 4 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Ok..so the entire hub has been dark for an hour. ..when you apply power. .there's nothing...anyone else had a hub that's done this
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Hi sonar69

Thanks for posting back on the community

Sorry to hear that your router seems to be faulty.

From your account, I can see that you have called in to get this replaced. 

If there are further issues after activation, then by all means get back in touch.

Regards

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
sonar69
Tuning in
Message 6 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for getting back to me sam....yes its 100% dead now....would have had one today but as usually happens. ..yodel...say no more
will try for delivery on Tuesday. ...does anyone know if Internet can be had via the ethurnet connector from the tivo
many thanks
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Hi sonar69, 

Thanks for a quick reply Smiley Very Happy

You won't receive an internet connection from your TiVo box, I'm sorry to report.

Good to hear that you've got a new router on transit, as Sam said, please let us know when it arrives and if you have any issues with the set-up process then please get in touch.

Thanks for your patience,

Take care.  

Heather_J

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
sonar69
Tuning in
Message 8 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Hi heather. ..still not received hub despite yodel promising to deliver today...they now say they cant honour the rescheduled date and it will now be tomorrow. ...seething...no explanation given...iv lost a days pay waiting in...hmmm..not happy
0 Kudos
sonar69
Tuning in
Message 9 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Ok so now there is no delivery info coming up on the tracker...cant get through on the phone. ..not hopefull we will see this tomorrow!!..is there any options to pay for royal mail next day delivery. ..yodel are a joke..
0 Kudos
sonar69
Tuning in
Message 10 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Ok...so what happened yesterday seems to be unfolding today. ..the package is still at their service centre. .live chat has no info on it...im beginning to think yodel have either lost the hub or damaged it...either way. .I dont know why VM use such a poor 3rd party couiour...VM team. .could a local engineer just deliver one to us....this is getting ridiculous
0 Kudos