Menu
Murphsss
Joining in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

super hub 3 loses wired connection

hi I have a super hub 3 and the wired connection keeps dropping out only rectified by a reset on router. The wireless connection remains on all the time.

The router connects to a 16 way netgear gigabit switch and from there it wires 4 Sonos connect Amps 2 Sonos Soundbars 3 unifi Access points and a PC.

All dropping out when wired connection fails. I've tried changing network switch and checked all radio outputs on Sonos and APs trieing a new super hub when it gets delivered fri, but other than that I'm stumped.

HELP!! 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: super hub 3 loses wired connection

Hi Murphsss,

Welcome to our Forum though apologies for the disconnections, but we shall do our best to find out what's causing this.

If only wired devices are affected then this is most likely a hardware issue. However, I'd like to test your connection just to be certain there's no other detectable cause. I am not able to locate your Hub details so please reply to my PM (purple envelope icon, top right of page) and I'll run some diagnostics.

In the meantime I think the logical approach would be to eliminate as many variables as possible.

Would you please:

• Disconnect all devices from the Hub, including your switch.
  • Ensure modem mode is enabled and connect a single pc via Ethernet.
  • Monitor to see if the disconnects recur. 
  • At this point, if they do, please try a different (preferably new) Ethernet cable followed by a change of device.
  • If the disconnects don't recur please replace the pc with your switch and monitor again.

In this way we can hope to locate the offending party (if applicable).

I'll look forward to your update Smiley Happy

Jen
Forum Team

0 Kudos
badgerdeluxe
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hiya, did this get resolved? I'm experiencing the same issue. Wired disconnection, but wireless remains. Very frustrating, have read that sonos can play a part in the problem? Any advice welcome!
0 Kudos
NethausAV
Joining in
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

This is something I'm experiencing on a client site too. Did you get a response?
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi badgerdeluxe & NethausAV,

To be honest I never had an update on the original poster's issue so we never progressed further than the suggested diagnostic stops in my posted reply.

Would you two be so kind as to follow the same advice please, and post an update?

• Disconnect all devices from the Hub.
  • Ensure modem mode is enabled and connect a single pc via Ethernet.
  • Monitor to see if the disconnects recur. 
  • At this point, if they do, please try a different (preferably new) Ethernet cable followed by a change of device.
  • If the disconnects don't recur add the other devices, one at a time, and monitor. When the disconnects recur we'll have identified the culprit.

Looking forward to your replies Smiley Happy

Jen
Forum Team

0 Kudos
WAV
Joining in
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi
I have had the same problem as well.

So let me get this right.
You suggest I go to the customers house and unplug everything.
Then connect my laptop into virgin router and wait there until it disconnects.
Then change the ethernet cable
Then try it again
Then plug my data switch in and wait to further monitor it.

Ok so assuming I have nothing better to do and I could camp out at the customers house for a few days, what next?

I know what the culprit is. It's the virgin router.
All cables are new as supplied by me.
All our hardware is new and has been set up and tested off-site before fitting at the customers property with their new virgin router.
I would just like to know why the virgin router would drop the ethernet port.
That really would be my question.
0 Kudos
NethausAV
Joining in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Jen

I put the SH3 router into modem mode - installed a proper router and ever since had no issues at all.
0 Kudos
banky1
Joining in
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: super hub 3 loses wired connection SOLUTION FOUND

I had the same problem for 2 weeks. Had a new Superhub 3 fitted and Wifi was working fine but the wired ethernet connection to my desktop pc was dropping roughly 3 times every minute. I eventually found that it was a network adapter problem on my Realtek PCIe FE Family Controller. After trawling through some forums I found a recommendation that a setting called 'Energy efficient ethernet' could cause the problem. So I disabled it and ever since have had no problems whatsoever. Other manufacturers may use a different term, for example 'Green ethernet'. Quite why this never caused a problem with the previous router is anybody's guess

0 Kudos