Menu
haditwithVM
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

slow broadband speeds

why am I only getting between 4 and 30 mb when i should be getting 200mb? im using superhub 3.0 and have already restated my hub 5 times!!

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: slow broadband speeds

Hi haditwithVM,

Thanks for posting on the community.

Sorry to read you are experiencing slow broadband speeds. I know how frustrating this can be.

I would like to check your connection for any issues, however I was unable to locate your account. If you can send me a Private Message confirming your name and full address, I can look further into this.

In the meantime, are you testing the speed through a wired or wireless connection? Do you notice this at all times of the day?

Hope to hear from you soon

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Morning haditwithVM,

Thanks for the reply and confirming your details, I appreciate it.

I've managed to locate your account and everything has come back as fine.

If you can only achieve 40 Mbps on your laptop, this could be due to the compatibility of the laptop itself and what it can achieve. Does it have a gigabit LAN card? Also are you using a Cat 5e or above Ethernet cable?

Let me know how you get on

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
haditwithVM
Joining in
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Samantha,

I have tried with an eathernet and a cat5e and am getting the same speeds. My laptop Lan card can reach 100mb as pointed out by your tech, but nowhere when Virgin advertise on tv does it say you have to have the latest in computer equipment to achieve these speed and virgin also advertises you can game in one room and stream in another and I can’t even use my laptop and phone at the same time in the same room practically on top of the router. I’m now going back to the same trick I had to both sky and just use my phone internet as it’s much faster.

Regards

Julie
0 Kudos