some days as much as 10 times a day

which is rather annoying as it turns off my security cameras

if I am away from home I cannot turn the cameras back on

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: router keeps disconnecting

Hi Klunk_64,

Sorry to hear you've been getting drop outs. I've just checked your connection and can only see the contention fault you've been informed of. All other stats look fine and the hub has been online for the last 8 days with no timeouts.

If your connections are over wireless there may be some drops from there. If that's the case the best we can do is try and improve the signal by changing channels

Let us know and we'll see what needs to be done.

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
klunk_64
Tuning in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

all my connections are on the Ethernet cable and a couple of days ago was buying something on ebay  and went to pay with my paypal and it got halfway through the payment the router disconnected ....so are you saying that the router disconnections are nothing to do with the router if not then why am I getting disconnected could there be something on my pc that is doing it?

John_G wrote:

Hi Klunk_64,

Sorry to hear you've been getting drop outs. I've just checked your connection and can only see the contention fault you've been informed of. All other stats look fine and the hub has been online for the last 8 days with no timeouts.

If your connections are over wireless there may be some drops from there. If that's the case the best we can do is try and improve the signal by changing channels

Let us know and we'll see what needs to be done.

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Adam_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi klunk_64,

Thanks for coming back to us.

Upon further testing today, I noticed that there is a large number of time outs now inside the Hubs logs. In order to get this resolved for you I would need to arrange for an engineer to visit.

I will send you a PM (Purple envelope at the top) detailing what's required to proceed with making the booking, it would be helpful if you could reply to me there and I'll get this all booked and secured for you.

Speak soon, 

Thanks, 

Adam.

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
klunk_64
Tuning in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

11/01/2016

router disconected 22:26

13/01/2016
router disconection 2:00 am

14/01/2016
12:30  router disconection

14/01/2016
10:55 paying for something on ebay through paypal router disconected

16/01/2016
1:10 am router disconection
1:56 am router disconection
2:16 am router disconesction

16/01 2016
9:47 pm router disconection

18/012016
11:28
router disconection

21/01/2016
1:22 am
router disconection

21/01/2016
router disconection trying to fix someones  pc with teamviewer
13:59

23/01/2016
11:54
router disconection

28/01/2016
13:36
router disconection
28/01/2016
13:58 router disconection
28/01/2016
14:20
router disconection

29/01/2016
again halfway through paying for something on ebay and router  disconection
12:45 am
this is really starting to get on my nerves in a big way

0 Kudos
klunk_64
Tuning in
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

well its started again for the last four months my router has been disconecting i rang up they sent an engineer out thay said yes it was the box out side they said they had fixed it and the for a few days it was ok then i started again then i rang and they sent another engineer he said there was nothing wrong and it was ok for a day or 2 than it started disconecting again over this weekend i think i have worn a tram line in my carpet going back and forth to the router to try and fix it so today tueday this has only been happening since the neighbour above me have had virgin put in

well after being disconected about 20 times over the weekend and monday i decided again to find out why my connection keeps dropping after it happend again tuesday and rang virgin again for problems with my broadband the only time i only seem to use my phone is to ring out for virgin problems with there service and i was told that i need a new router the new super hub 3 i could get for free and was told to wait and i would be put through to another department where they told me the new super hub 3 was not free so i told them the first person who put me through to you told me it would be free and that i had just paid them another £65 and that i was not happy that my connection was dropping  so they put me through to another department and went throught the same old routine of turn the router of ect ect.... and that i would not get another router disconection and that i did not need a new router i have had the same router for over 3 years  as they had put in all the right frequencies and i said but what if it does and the guy on the phone said that it would not so i said thanx very much for sorting this long time problem out and i went out my house and when  i came back 3 hours later and the router had disconected again..

what the hell is wrong with this company what is it with all the lies from this company why am i paying a fortune for a lousy service ????????????? 

and does anyone read this forum anymore or have they all gone over to sky where you dont see engineers coming round to scratch there heads i have plenty of them too from virgin...who say sorry but i cant find a problem with it..once i had an enginner round and they put a bit of wire in and my connection dropped from 150mbs to about 32kbs and said im really sorry but i cant fix it and just left so i took the wire out and i was back to normal 150 again please please please can you send someone with half a brain to sort my signal out my neighbour probably wont even pay you as they dont work

klunk_64
Tuning in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

still getting disconnection errors ??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

another 5 times today when they said they had fixed it

I'm sure they have wired my connection up to my neighbours maybe they have twisted the wires together with some stickyback plastic

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Afternoon klunk_64,

Thanks for taking the time to post on the community.

My apologies that you are having issues with your broadband connection.

I've taken a look at your account and the upstream power levels are running too high. For this I can arrange for an engineer to take a look at this for you. I have sent you a PM (purple envelope icon, right corner) with some details for you to confirm please.

There is also a high peak time traffic in your area which is causing slow speeds. The reference number is F004145936 and has a review date of 5th April.

Hope to hear from you soon

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos