Menu
harrison440
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

recently upgraded to 200 mbps but receiving 40mbps

hi i recently upgraded my internet to 200 mbps but only getting 40 with a tp link plugged in when i go wired i get the full 200 but as soon as i do a speed test in my room with the tp link, its only giving me 40mbps is this a fault or is it expected due to being far away from the modem? i didnt think it mattered with a tp link how far away u were. Also i cant go wireless as the signal in my room is really bad i dont even pick up the internet from my room. 

Regards, Stephen

any help would be appreciated.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: recently upgraded to 200 mbps but receiving 40mbps

Hi harrison440, 

Welcome to the forums, I am sorry to see you have had trouble with your speeds. 

I have tried to take a further look but I am unable to locate your connection details. 

I will pop you a PM to get some more information and we will take it from there. 

Keep an eye out for the Purple Envelope, top right hand corner.

Speak to you soon. 

Emma

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: recently upgraded to 200 mbps but receiving 40mbps

If you are getting the full 200Mbps all the time whilst connected directly to the hub, then the problem looks like it is with your set up.

TPLink make a lot of products, so posting what actual device it is, it's model number  and how it is connected to your network would help.

0 Kudos