Menu
argonath
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

"No internet - Secured"

Just had Virgin Media broadband et all installed. All good except on my PC (with wireless card) it's showing a yellow triangle and when clicked on I am connected to my Virgin Media network but says "No internet - secured". I can surf/download but seems slower ?

TIA

Argonath

0 Kudos
backtothefuture
Fibre optic
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: "No internet - Secured"

If you are running Windows you can try the network troubleshooter to correct the problem.

Network Troubleshooter.
1. Type Troubleshooting on the search bar and click Troubleshooting under Settings.
2. Now type Network adapter in the search option.
3. Click on Network adapter to run the troubleshooter.

If this doesn't make any difference you could also try running a speed test at www.speedtest.net to see what the actual speed you are getting is - as it might just be your machine running slowly rather than the internet connection itself.

-

If I have helped please feel free to give 'Kudos' by clicking on the thumbs up icon against any of my posts. If I have helped to solve an issue you can also click on the 'Mark As Helpful Answer' link to mark it as helpful.
0 Kudos
argonath
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Ran a speed test on my iphone getting over 75mb per second but using same website my PC is getting 25ish per second. Checked the network adapter and everything seems fine...

0 Kudos
backtothefuture
Fibre optic
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

It sounds as though it is likely to be caused by either the wireless adapter in your PC or due to the strength of the wireless signal to your PC ?

Are you getting full strength on your wireless connection on your PC ? - Do you get the same 75Mbps speed on your iphone if you try it in the same location as your PC ?

-

If I have helped please feel free to give 'Kudos' by clicking on the thumbs up icon against any of my posts. If I have helped to solve an issue you can also click on the 'Mark As Helpful Answer' link to mark it as helpful.
0 Kudos
argonath
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Yeah full strength on my wireless adapter and I'm running the speed test from the desk my PC is on..strange
0 Kudos
backtothefuture
Fibre optic
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Is there anyway you can run a network cable from your router to your desktop ? - This would ensure you receive the absolute best speeds on it.

-

0 Kudos