Menu
wright90
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

poor connection and downloading, router status?

Can someone please check my router status is ok, last week there was a problem in my area with broadband since its come back on i get a connection on all my devices Laptop, tablet, android phone, ps4, tv stick. i've tried connecting all at different times there never all connected at same time. it's just a really poor connection and download speed is really slow, web pages constantly time out and it's impossible to watch anything online with buffering, just curious if there's anything wrong with my router or settings?

as well since my broadband came back on the data/traffic light on the router is constantly none stop flashing too which its never done before.

downsteam.PNG

upstream.PNG

network log.PNG

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: poor connection and downloading, router status?

Hi wright90,

Honest apologies for your recent poor broadband performance.

Your posted Hub logs show elevated upstream power levels, though my tests show that these have reduced to a more reasonable 48.3dBmV & 48.5dBmV.

Have you noticed an improvement since posting?

If not we'll investigate further.

Welcome to our Forum by the way, nice to have you join us Smiley Happy

Jen
Forum Team

0 Kudos
wright90
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for looking into it I'm not really good a technical stuff, but after phoning 150 again they sent out an engineer that looked into the issues he said there was a problem with the router after updates in the area and that a few other people in the area​ was having some problems because of it too and he fitted a new router and that seems to have sorted the problem for me Its back to normal connection now, thanks.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi wright90, 

Thanks for getting back in touch. I am glad to see that things are looking better for you now. 

If you do need us to take a look at the connection in the future let us know and we will always be more than happy to take a look for you. 

All the best

Emma

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos