Menu
robbsykes
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

phones disconnect from wifi

hi , I`m in need of serious help please....our broadband and wifi is perfect except for one problem..i have 3 android phones that disconnect from the wifi at the same time and cant be reconnected until I turn off the superhub 2 and turn it back on. NOTHING else disconnects when this happens just the 3 phones.... Turning the phones off and back on doesn't work , only turning off and on the hub works..

ANY help at all on this please as my mobile bill is double my usual at the moment due to this issue

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: phones disconnect from wifi

Hey robbsykes,

Thanks for posting and a big welcome to the community Smiley Very Happy

Sorry to hear about your wireless issues, this sounds irritating.

I think it's worth changing your operating wireless channel. We've got a really helpful article here - Changing the Virgin Media router's wireless channel / frequency that will show you how to log into your Hub and make the changes.

Would you please have a go and let us know if this helps.

Thanks again,

Take care.

Heather_J

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
robbsykes
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

hi my channel was set to auto so I change it to 13 this was fine for a whole 24 hrs then back to the same dropping out

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Sorry to hear the drop outs are still happening, if you haven't tried yet it may be worth trying dropping the wireless mode to 54mbps (2.4ghz) to help improve the stability of the signal.

Cheers

Ralph_R
Forum Moderator

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos