Menu
barbiem
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

panasonic viera TX-l37E5B won't connect to hub 3.0

Trying to connect my tv to the internet wirelessly if possible though it is only inches from the hub so a cable is fine. I want to access terrestrial tv so I can get the app working for All4 and 'Walter presents...'  Had it on BT as an app when i was on BT internet, but have been told I can't get it through the 3.0 hub.  I suppose I should connect cable but one end is HDMI and the other a telephone connection.  Do these cables exist.  Help please ;-)

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: panasonic viera TX-l37E5B won't connect to hub 3.0

Hello barbiem

Welcome to our forum, I am sorry you are having problems connecting your TV we will do our best to help. As you mentioned connecting by cable is by far the best option when streaming. On the back of the TV there will hopefully be a socket labelled "Ethernet" and that is what you need to connect to the hub port with an "Ethernet lead".

Fingers crossed that works, please keep us updated.

Thank you

Nicola

Virgin Media Forum Team
0 Kudos
cybmole
Community elder
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

for terrestial (freeview) TV you need an aerial.. or via a TVIO box for teh cable versions

for apps like BBC i player, netflix, you use internet

please clarify what you are trying to do

0 Kudos
stevedh2
Knows their stuff
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

The TX-l37E5B has an Ethernet socket on the back, just get an Ethernet lead plug one end in the tv and the other end in the hub.

If you want to connect wireless you'd need to get the wireless adaptor and as the hub is in reach of the tv there's no point as wireless will be less efficient and give you more problems.

barbiem
Joining in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks very much for your reply.

I managed to connect TV to hub with ethernet cable - i bought a new one as it looks like the (old) one i had may have been faulty.    But I followed the menu set up on the tv and entered all the IP address bit. It still did not work. BUT it turns out that where you have the Proxy access and address you do NOT fill this bit in.  So once i deleted that bit of it - it worked!

Yippee, and thank you for your help.

Barbiem

0 Kudos