Menu
pdoddy
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

not getting wifi in all rooms

hi

looking for advice, seems easier to contact other customers than virgin themselves who I pay?? so thanks in advance to all the paying customers!

straight forward question, I used to be able to connect to my Wi-Fi in all my rooms now its very hit and miss if I am not in my lounge where the Wi-Fi box is. I only live in a small 2 bedroom flat, so not exactly a mansion, any ideas or solutions would be greatly appreciated.

thanks!

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: not getting wifi in all rooms

hiya @pdoddy welcome to the virginmedia community forum, when you goto the list of wireless connections, is there any new ones showing?, since the most common cause for wifi issues is other wifi routers..you could take a look at -> http://help.virginmedia.com/system/selfservice.controller?CMD=VIEW_ARTICLE&ARTICLE_ID=27667&CURRENT_... to see if this helps
----------------------------------------------------------
If someone's helped you out say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up. If someone's solved your problem, why not mark their message as an Accepted Solution
0 Kudos
cybmole
Community elder
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: not getting wifi in all rooms

if your hub is on the flootr or blocked in by furniture you will get poor wifi

try moving it as much as you can, if there is slack in the cable & see it you can get a better signal- higher is better, with no metal nearby

0 Kudos