Menu
fudgeboy12
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

mobile phone

can anybody help me.  i am trying to connect a my husbands mobile phone to my wifi. for some reason it wont let me.  it let me connect my mobile and the laptop.

when we check the settings on the phone it says no IP address found.  could anybody tell me if there is something wrong with the phone or the internet.

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: mobile phone

Hi Fudgeboy12,

Welcome to the forum and sorry to hear you've had trouble connecting your phone to the wifi. It may be that the phone is having trouble with some of the setting of the wifi. I'd suggest first of all logging into the hubs configuration pages at 192.168.0.1 and changing the wireless security type to WPA2 PSK AES. Some phones and devices have trouble with the default WPA Auto. 

Give this a try and let us know how you get on. 

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos

All Replies
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi Fudgeboy12,

Welcome to the forum and sorry to hear you've had trouble connecting your phone to the wifi. It may be that the phone is having trouble with some of the setting of the wifi. I'd suggest first of all logging into the hubs configuration pages at 192.168.0.1 and changing the wireless security type to WPA2 PSK AES. Some phones and devices have trouble with the default WPA Auto. 

Give this a try and let us know how you get on. 

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
fudgeboy12
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi John - G
Thank you for getting back to me. I have just tried what you have suggested and it's working perfect now.
Thank you for your advice.
Regards
Fudge boy.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Glad to hear it Fudgeboy12,

If you have any further issues don't hesitate to give us a shout Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
fudgeboy12
Joining in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thank you very much.
If I have anymore problems I will definitely contact you
Thanks again
Fudgeboy 12
0 Kudos